Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

As I'm about to fail the first attempt at mission 4, I need clarification about this.

In another thread, Ben posted

benhull wrote:
Promotion only happens between missions, so experience gathered in mulitple attempts is totaled for use after the mission is completed.

Thanks

This seems to me to directly contradict the rulebook, which states:

Rule book, 11.1, Reattempting Mission:

1st bullet "Assign any Experience Points earned from the previous attempt, but do not add replacements."

There is no correction to that in the errata, either.

Christopher (teufen) replies:

teufen wrote:

There is no contradiction between what Ben says and the rules: you assign experience points, but you won't use them to promote units to another experience level.

However, if I assign the experience between missions, but do not promote the units, then what do I do with the experience I assigned? Do the units just carry the experience on paper, and I hold the promotion until the end of the next mission?

If so, what if the unit "holding" the experience suffers a reduction, say loses one step?

Thanks,

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hull
United States
Stafford
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Go with the rulebook, I never intend to contradict the rules, if I do in a post it is purely accidental. My memory is fallible, I do not speak ex-cathedra on the rules. It there is to be an "official" rules change, it will come with a more in depth explanation, justification than just speaking off the cuff.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
benhull wrote:
Go with the rulebook, I never intend to contradict the rules, if I do in a post it is purely accidental. My memory is fallible, I do not speak ex-cathedra on the rules. It there is to be an "official" rules change, it will come with a more in depth explanation, justification than just speaking off the cuff.

Thanks

Excellent, thanks for clearing it up. It ended up being OK in the end, I accomplished the mission on the first try! AAR to follow.

Thanks,

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.