Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dr. DJ FancyLove
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the GF like this?

I've told her about the game and got the answer of having too many games similar to it...

From what I've read, I've kinda told her it's a mash up between Space Hulk, Tomb, and LNOE. Okay, this might not be the best description, but she likes all of those games.

The problem I'm running into is owning too many "war" games as she calls them. Basically games where we are pitted against each other I would say.

What can I make as an argument that will let me buy this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Poulos
United States
Oak Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
I guess there's more to starting a game company than just having a name... :(
badge
What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, a gaming machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this gamer does is sleep and eat and place little meeples, and that's all.
mbmbmbmbmb
DusterTIB wrote:

if Dr.DJ FancyLove has this problem, what hope do the rest of us have?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DusterTIB wrote:

That you will clean the bathroom for the rest of the year?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. DJ FancyLove
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AbeLincoln wrote:
DusterTIB wrote:

if Dr.DJ FancyLove has this problem, what hope do the rest of us have?

Oh there is no hope... I was winning this war for awhile, but am slowly losing ground, and shelf space...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Obviously, time for a new GF! devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wells
United States
Centralia
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Yes Dear, I have other similar games, but this one is unique in that each side plays radically different. We could take turns and study each others playing style. We could learn a lot more about each other, and in the long term, it could bring us a lot closer together...In fact, I think this game could really save our relationship!"

-or-

"C'mon honey, it's got cute little troglodytes!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Sosa
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff_Wells wrote:
"Yes Dear, I have other similar games, but this one is unique in that each side plays radically different. We could take turns and study each others playing style. We could learn a lot more about each other, and in the long term, it could bring us a lot closer together...In fact, I think this game could really save our relationship!"

-or-

"C'mon honey, it's got cute little troglodytes!"

Unbeatable!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Abdullah Ibrahim - Water from an Ancient Well
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's faster than the others you mention - you can set up and play in under an hour. And it comes with beautifully pre-painted figures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Morgan
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If its any help, my wife refuses to play all board games and when she saw claustrophobia she fell in love with it and sat down to read the rules herself!

She really enjoyed assigning dice to the figure's stats and the theme.

I enjoy the fact that almost every game is a nail biter. The last game I played with my brother came down to 1 roll of a single d6. it was that close.

I think it would fit nicely in your collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Little
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
DusterTIB wrote:
Will the GF like this?

I've told her about the game and got the answer of having too many games similar to it...

From what I've read, I've kinda told her it's a mash up between Space Hulk, Tomb, and LNOE. Okay, this might not be the best description, but she likes all of those games.

The problem I'm running into is owning too many "war" games as she calls them. Basically games where we are pitted against each other I would say.

My girlfriend really enjoys this game when we play in teams of two a side. For example: We will get together with my friend and his wife and the women will play one side and my friend and I will play the opposing side - she loves this.

When we play 1-on-1, she gets a little frustrated, but still enjoys it... I'm hoping her three game winning streak with a teammate yesterday will shine new courage to take me on 1-on-1 again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very surprisingly (to me...) my wife really liked this one.

I ask here periodically to playtest with me new games so I can introduce them to the group with minimal mistakes. She's not much of a gamer and plays more for the social aspect (and to fuck with me...)

She did, however, admit to really liking this one and asked for an instant rematch (that was a 1st!). And although she lost again, she had a better grasp on how to navigate through The Survivors scenario.
She actually had some bad luck, too...she may have won with better luck, hehe..

Anyways, she actually asked to play again a couple of days later and only a busy schedule kept us from this excellent board game!

Soon...very soon...

Highly recommended for couples!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brad poon
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My gf loved the miniatures! I can't beat her evil demonic expression:

Even though English isn't her first language, she picked up the rules and strategies quickly. And she won the first game as the human survivors!

This is the perfect game for us because its light, quick to setup and play, balanced for two players, and it allows me to get my dungeon-delving fix with my girlfriend who is otherwise averse to such heavily themed games.

Teaching Descent to a native English speaker is bad enough as it is, but Claustrophobia really hit the mark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.