GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,912 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Help and How-To

Subject: List of error codes related to photo uploads? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Is there someplace I can see a list of what error codes mean (those that pop up when uploading photos, particularly)?

Also, I know I've seen but can't find a description of the limits for photos (file type, file size, image type, etc.)?

Thanks,

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gwen
Belgium
oost-vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The format has to be .jpg , you can find that in the wiki : http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Image_submissions

The maximum file size is not exactly mentioned, but this thread mentions problems for images larger than 4 MB.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gwen wrote:
The format has to be .jpg , you can find that in the wiki : http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Image_submissions

The maximum file size is not exactly mentioned, but this thread mentions problems for images larger than 4 MB.

Thanks. One thing though, you say the format has to be .jpeg, but I've used .png before, more than a few times (someone told me that for screen captures that format is better, but it's not clear to me why). I'm happy to use .jpeg, it seems the file size is much smaller in that format, but I thought I'd mention that in case someone else reads this and needs one format for some specific reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.