Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I have a question about the new iPod Touch 32 gb I just got my wife and myself...

I'm new to these things, so if this is an ignorant question, well....so be it....

If I'm playing a game or running an app, and want to quit...Does simply pressing the Home button actually close or exit the game (or app), or is it still running in the background (using up battery life)...?

A couple of apps I've tried actually have an "Exit" button, but many of them do not...

I really don't want programs running in the background if I can help it...When I'm finished with an app, I'd rather turn it off...

Thanks for any and all help,
jrbentley

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
Pushing home quits the applications. Very few actually do background processing, even with the new OS they have to be specifically written in order to do background processing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SybotCB wrote:
Pushing home quits the applications. Very few actually do background processing, even with the new OS they have to be specifically written in order to do background processing.

Thank you for the info, I sure appreciate it!

So how do you know which apps DO the background processing? And how do you know they ARE still running...?

Thanks,
jrbentley

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penny
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about the new iOS4 multitasking functionality, but I assume if you are running multiple apps using the newest iOS, then you would know, it will show on the botton that they are running. For any previous OS's (if you didn't update your OS when the iOS4 come out, which is about a week ago, then you have version 3.x and no multitasking). the only app I know of that can run in the background is the ipod function. And ofcourse you would know that by listening to it and hear the music. It is obvious. Any other app do not, and should not run in the background when you press home button. Oh some that might push notify you such as email or Words With Friends (highly recommeded!), is ok, they will not run, just notify you when you have new mail or move to make.

Enjoy your new toy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.