David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Ok, so I was looking around for some casual bugs bunny the other night, because it's one HECK of a trip to watch these cartoons being 30, and it's like I've seen them before, but I didn't get them like I used to.

It's a little like marx brothers movies. I used to be a fan of harpo, now that I get what groucho was saying, it's funnier even still. Harpo is still good.

So I couldn't find any bugs bunny on... and I was curious, what Looney Tunes DVDs would you recommend?

1.) I'm not a huge fan of the old WWII-era stuff from bugs bunny. Basically the stuff from 46-83, IMHO, was the best stuff.
2.) I'd like to catch some of the feature movies, whether or not they had a plot or not. Minus Space Jam.
3.) I'd like to avoid overlap, obviously.

Most of the bad reviews on amazon is a feud between "the golden collection" and "the spotlight collection". I don't really care, but that's probably because I'm just getting into it, today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wood
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bippi wrote:

Most of the bad reviews on amazon is a feud between "the golden collection" and "the spotlight collection". I don't really care, but that's probably because I'm just getting into it, today.

Well, the Golden Collections are the full sets released. The others are culled from the Golden Collections.

I have all of the GCs and think they're all outstanding. I even liked the propaganda films in the last set, and I figured I would hate them.

Each collection is a pretty mixed bag, but individual DVDs within the sets will often have a theme (not always). My suggestion to you is to look at the contents and find one you think is a good fit.

Since you're looking only for "the best", the spotlight collections might be a better bet, but honestly, I've never paid them much attention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.