GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,551 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Mr. Jack Pocket» Forums » General

Subject: "Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in." rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Mckane
Australia
SYDNEY
N.S.W
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
All things Mr. Jack get loads of play by me, I'm a huge fan. This is going to be great, I for one am excited.

I have Mr.Jack, MJ in New York which is currently my no.1 game in terms of number plays, and the extension is on order. I am always looking for the carriage as well and then this pops up..... Usher said it best "OMG." wait, no actually he said it, but not really best. kind of just in a monotone kind of way. Still he said it. and i for one agree with Usher about this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Boulet
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
cult of the classics
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with you on this one. A portable Mr. Jack would rule! I own & love Mr. Jack (and more importantly, so does my wife). And we've just started playing Mr. Jack in New York (sorry Secret Santa 2009, we were a little slow getting to this one blush ), but it's quickly become a favourite as well. James, I love your video reviews and your MrJ:NY review got us up to speed on the new roles very quickly. Much appreciated.

Can't wait to pull Mr. Jack out of my pocket... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mckane
Australia
SYDNEY
N.S.W
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Quote:
I'm with you on this one. A portable Mr. Jack would rule!

Absolutely, I can replace that copy of Fluxx that i keep in the car for a gaming fix if i need one on the road.

Quote:
James, I love your video reviews and your MrJ:NY review got us up to speed on the new roles very quickly. Much appreciated.

Glad you liked them, I've got a bit of fun planned for the "Extension" review, When it finally arrives that is. I really want to see how this pocket version plays. I'm Really excited about this one.

Regards,
James.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
Such a pity we live in the Antipodes. Games take forever to be distributed here.

Mr Jack is one of my fave 2-player games. Pity my wife doesn't enjoy it. But my father does. I just don't get enough chances to play with him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mckane
Australia
SYDNEY
N.S.W
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
My Mrs isn't a fan of it either, My best mate is who i play Mr. Jack with most, and i feel much the same way, I just don't get enough chances to play with him either.

There is only 24 hrs in a day after all

It is a rare occasion we meet up and play only one game of Mr.jack, We usually at the very least play 2 games so we can have a go at each side. It really is a fantastic game i recently looked up a few of the characters from the NY edition,

Our favorite character is Cloud rider and Mr. Monk Eastman http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monk_Eastman

P.S: I'm a big fan of Black books and the I.T crowd, I haven't seen Father Ted yet
waiting for a mate to lend it to me. It looks like your a fan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the whole pocket games genre Zombie In My Pocket, etc...

I guess I can see why they didn't call this one "Mr. Jack In My Pocket" though.
laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Stachiw
United States
Bayonne
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cbs42 wrote:
I like the whole pocket games genre Zombie In My Pocket, etc...

I guess I can see why they didn't call this one "Mr. Jack In My Pocket" though.
laugh

yes my cousin seen someone play that game on a subway ride... coincidentally it was in New York

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.