Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maitre Sinh
France
Marseille
Provence
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...i found this game used but there is only 39 tiles. I'm trying to complete the game, but i would need to know how many tiles of each type is there...

any ideas ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll have to dig mine out of a storage box, but I'd be happy to check...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've taken mine out to check:

4 Four Way crossways: 1 with no stairs, 1 with an stairs up, 1 with stairs down and 1 with both)

3 North-South passages: 1 with stairs down

4 E-W passages (1 with stairs up, one with stairs down)

8 Corner passages: 3 N-W, 3 S-W (1 with stairs down), 2 N-E (1 with stairs down)

16 3-way passages: 4 E-W-S (1 with stairs up and 1 with stairs down), 4 E-W-N (1 with stairs up, 1 with stairs down), 4 N-S-W (one with stairs up, one with stairs down), 4 N-S-E (again, one with stairs up and one with stairs down)

20 normal rooms: 6 with 4 exits, 3 with 3 exits (blocked on the west), 3 with 3 exits (blocked on the south), 3 with 3 exits (blocked on the north), 5 with 3 exits (blocked on the east)

4 specially named rooms (Great Hall, Tomb of Kings, Deep pool, Viper pit) all with 4 exits

1 Starting crossway with stairs up named "The Gateway"

It does have 60 tiles as it's supposed to and I'm assuming the mix is the right one but I can't be 100% certain as I bought it used... Maybe someone else could confirm this...

Edit: BTW, my game is the Gibson edition...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wickline
United States
Zanesville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I know it's been awhile since your post, but I have a copy of the Ariel Edition of Sorcerer's Cave. My total tile count is also 60, but the breakdown is a little different from what you posted, as follows:

5 (not 4) four way crossways, 2 with no stairs, the other 3 the same
3 (not 4) E-W passages with only 1 stairs down (no up)
4 (not 3) N-W passages (no stairs)
3 (not 2) N-E passages 1 with stairs down
3 (not 5) normal rooms w/3 exits blocked on the east

All of the other tile breakdown combinations match what you posted. Each of the tiles in my edition has unique graphics on them, so I don't believe any of them are duplicates, but I also did not purchase the game new, but have had it over 25 years. It could just be a breakdown difference between the 2 editions, but I can't be 100% sure either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fer moros
South Korea
Kwang-Ju
Gwangju
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your cards break-down. It is nice to see that other people also have as much free time as I do

My version is also Ariel, and I am happy to say that I also have exactly the same tile distribution as the second poster (James). And I say that I am happy because when I was making my own scale-down copy I noticed that all other pieces have a symmetrical kind of distribution (including number of stairs) except for the left/right turns:

- For once, there are not South-West corners at all. (strange?)
- And also, as previously stated, one of the turns has 4 copies(no stairs) while the other 2 have only 3 copies and they have stairs.

Why there are not S-W corners, any thoughts?
When I made my mini-copy I put the same number of corners for each direction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.