Subject: FFG site rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
sacha cauvin
France
rouen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone knows why the CE has disapeared from the FFG site? War of the ring is still there but no sign of the collector edition!modest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I´m just guessing, but could it be that they´ve removed the page because the Collector´s Edition is not for sale anymore? The original announcement (from October 2009) stated: Only four hundred of these gorgeous limited-edition sets will be available from Fantasy Flight Games before Christmas, with another four hundred being released shortly after. That’s it, and once they’re gone, they aren’t coming back!

I'd think that those 800 copies have sold by now, and it seems Fantasy Flight does not keep the pages for such special editions online; the page for the Rogue Trader Limited Edition book has been removed as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hall
United States
Mesa
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I had it bookmarked so I could see it every day if another one came available. ( I was out of town with no internet in early June) And shortly after that the site was taken down and now my link goes to just regular WOTR. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Shaw
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When FFG stops publishing something, they ALSO STOP SUPPORTING it it seems. They have a ton of previous games that they had rules, pdfs, forums, etc. that suddenly just vanished into thin air as if FFG thinks they never existed. I don't agree with that process, but it's the way FFG has done things for a LOOOONG time. (you think that's bad, Midnight had all it's stuff suddenly disappear a while back, and the Warhammer 2e guys set up storm and fury at their oncoming deletion prior to it happening, though most of that's been erased from the site now).

It saves web space and money to do it this way I suppose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Has
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Looks to me like they're just combining the two editions under the original page. You can download the CE rules from the base game's page:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm...
http://store.fantasyflightgames.com/showproducts.cfm?FullCat...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Shaw
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, glad they didn't do the old deletaroo this time around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The forum is still there - just well hidden in the archives. You can access it here: http://agameofthrones.com/edge_foros_temas.asp?efid=163&efci...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.