GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,268 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Age of Conan: The Strategy Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: So It Sounds LIke This Game is Made for Solitaire? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Stanoch
United States
Bradenton
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From reading the most recent posts, it appears that players play against the game rather than each other. Doesn't this make it an ideal solitaire game then with 4 factions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Gaudreau
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I played all the players were fighting each other by the second age. So there is aspects where you fight against the board, but in the later game that is diminished (from my experience).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our group got right in the thick of it right away. Only pansies avoid other players...

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey O'Brien
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
badge
...easy ...easy ...eeesay...
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I'd say that the game is a little too short for the full heft of multiplayer to kick in, but that's not to say players can avoid each other altogether from the get-go. As is, the game ends just as everyone is reaching the peak of their power and influence, which is sensible enough, but it's kind of anticlimactic if you're expecting a battle game. It's not really a battle game, more an empire-builder. It's not as deep as it should be for that kind of game, not really quite bloody enough to qualify as skirmish-Ameritrash fun (though it looks like that kind of game in production terms). I actually like the game, I have to say, but I think it just kind of stops. I'm never really satisfied by the outcome, even if I win and crown Conan. It just feels like you haven't quite CRUSHED YOUR ENEMIES, SEEN THEM DRIVEN BEFORE YOU, AND HEARD THE LAMENTATIONS OF DE WIMMEN, if you'll forgive the expression...

I'd love an expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.