Subject: Movements and actions confusion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julio

Hidalgo
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, from the rulebook is not clear if movement is an independent action from all other actions available(taking a card, replacing existing ones, digging, etc.). This is important because you can either a) move your archeologist, then move the time marker, then do an action, then again move the marker or b) move, do the action and at the end move the marker including all movement/action costs.

What's the official interpretation of this hole in the rules? Hope I made clear my point. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

B is correct.

Moving and the action are all one "turn". And of course, moving is optional.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Kikola
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jrescan wrote:
This is important because you can either a) move your archeologist, then move the time marker, then do an action, then again move the marker or b) move, do the action and at the end move the marker including all movement/action costs.

B is correct, but from a game play perspective I don't see how these options are any different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gkikola wrote:
B is correct, but from a game play perspective I don't see how these options are any different.

If movement and your action were recorded separately, you would end up in situations where you moved to a different city, but it was no longer your turn, so you couldn't pick up the card you wanted, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Kikola
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
If movement and your action were recorded separately, you would end up in situations where you moved to a different city, but it was no longer your turn, so you couldn't pick up the card you wanted, etc.

Well, if that was what he meant, I can see the problem. I assumed he understood that one's turn always consists of one action, following an optional movement. So long as one understands that a turn does not end until an action is performed, it doesn't matter whether the time marker is moved once or twice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julio

Hidalgo
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I meant what Steven illustrated, but now I got it clear, thanks to both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.