Subject: My journey to Jerusalem ( a little first feeling) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oscar de Curbans
France
flag msg tools
designer
hi friends!
Let me tell you how much I've appreciated the latest game from Michele Mura, Jerusalem! And please forgive my bad bad english, I think I must apologize for this...
At first, I have to say I was a bit sceptic not to see any dice-throw in such an epic theme!
The very first graphics which came to me, the front box, the King David Tower... were like promises of a new face-to-face wargame.
So when I read the rules, I felt totally stunned!Jerusalem was in fact a placement and majority game.
My best-loved references in this domain are Tikal, El Grande or San Marco, so, what new Jerusalem could it bring to me?
However, I decided to purchase it and add the title to my collection of more than 750 boxes, and I played it very soon.
A great surprise was waiting to me! The game revealed itself very fluid and immersive: a very stressed bidding phase, the necessity to be focused on each and every opponent action, the pleasure to play on a remarkable illustrated board, and with wooden pawns...
What I liked more? The everending need to adapt one's strategy to the events. Should I play fisrt, placing more Nobles but revealing my intentions before others? Should I save Besants (=money) and take the character my opponents decide to let me in order to observe and adapt my actions?
The many kinds of awards you can receive everywhere on the board give the game a huge re-playability and allows many opening strategies.
Also it's completely playable at 3, I think it should be even better with 4 players.
A well balanced game, a true intelligent challenge.
I decided to know more about the author, and published reviews and interviews of him on my boardgame website.
http://www.oscar-de-curbans.fr
Jersualem seems to be an old-school game that proves the great gaming culture of his author and that it's possible nowadays to enrich efficient mechanisms with subtle systems full of nobilty!
Oscar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Mura
Italy
Pisa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A big thanks to Oscar who published in his blog a very good game session report (with many nice pictures!):

http://oscar-de-curbans.fr/?p=2863

(english and french language)

Have fun!
mm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.