Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
cory swafford
United States
Waterbury
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i recently purchased the flying turtles version of the game that doesn't have the black (or possibly grey)pieces that the newest version has. could someone post all of the rules associated with these pieces so i can get a complete grasp of their usage? I will print out a mock up of the newer board and try the black piece rules if someone could help me acquire them.
thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mercurycs wrote:
i recently purchased the flying turtles version of the game that doesn't have the black pieces that the newest version has. could someone post all of the rules associated with these pieces so i can get a complete grasp of their usage? I will print out a mock up of the newer board and try the black piece rules if someone could help me acquire them.
thanks.

I have no idea about black pieces, so I'd also like the info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cory swafford
United States
Waterbury
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
here are the rules. ravensburger had written to me to let me know them.

Use the following rules if you would like to try a more tactical version of the game. In this case, you will also need the five silver buildings. These are now known as the TOP buildings. The rules of the basic version apply with the following additions:

• A player may use a TOP building only if he throws black or white, but he does not have to – he may also use a different colour.
• A TOP building must always be used on its own. It may not be placed next to another TOP building (but it may be positioned diagonally).
• The player receives a bonus for using a TOP building. The amount equals the highest price currently displayed on the value scale.
• A TOP building may only be taken over by a chain of companies (two or more buildings). If this happens, the TOP building belongs to this chain and counts as an ordinary building in the same colour. In this case, the share price indicator is always moved up by at least 2000. If a dividend is paid out, each shareholder receives at least 2000 per share.

Example:

By inserting the fourth building, a chain of companies is integrating a TOP building. This company’s share price indicator goes up from 3000 to 5000. The player in question receives a bonus of 5000, and all other shareholders receive a dividend of 2000 per share.

Example:

By inserting the fourth building, a chain of company is integrating two TOP buildings. This company’s share price indicator goes up from 3000 to 6000. The player in question receives a bonus of 6000, and all other shareholders receive a dividend of 3000 per share.

• If a company chain that includes a TOP building is removed from the board, the TOP building stays where it is. It stays in the same place for the entire game, and may subsequently be taken over by a chain. The share price indicator for the company in question is moved down by the number of buildings that are removed plus the number of previously taken over TOP buildings.
In the top one of the two examples shown above, the share price indicator would be moved down 5 stages, and in the bottom example by 6.
• The game is not over when all TOP buildings are in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Gozzi
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
The truth is still out there...
badge
Ïa! Ïa! Cthulhu fthagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fthagn!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jean, the game designer, is a good friend of mine and i've been playtesting the 2001 ed. back from 97 to 00...

Ravensburger's answer is correct but i strongly suggest that you try to get a hold of the 2001 ed. to use the central board, the Shark zone as it creates more "tensions / interactions / possibilities" between the players as the game advances.

If you are interested & have another of Jean's game Horus, i can teach you a rule that never got published, a Mayfair blunder, that also enhanced the interactions & possibilities of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
mercurycs wrote:
• A TOP building may only be taken over by a chain of companies (two or more buildings). If this happens, the TOP building belongs to this chain and counts as an ordinary building in the same colour. In this case, the share price indicator is always moved up by at least 2000. If a dividend is paid out, each shareholder receives at least 2000 per share.

How is this rule incorporated into the Rule of 7 variant, whereby growing a chain past 7 large does not make the value of that color increase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.