Popular Tags: [View All]
Jaret Morgan
United States
West Henrietta
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a big fan of Aliens: This Time Its War and when I saw this as another game of similar design on the horizon I was really excited.

Any news of playtesting or release coming up soon?

(now only if you could be talked into a similar game based on the Abominable Dr. Phibes!! zombie )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks for your interest, Jared.

The game's coming along nicely. Not as fast as I'd like, though, because too many real-world distractions keep bombarding me.

I will try to upload a picture or two of cards next week. Stay tuned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
carnifex218 wrote:
I am a big fan of Aliens: This Time Its War and when I saw this as another game of similar design on the horizon I was really excited.

Any news of playtesting or release coming up soon?

(now only if you could be talked into a similar game based on the Abominable Dr. Phibes!! zombie )

Jaret, tell me what is so interesting about Dr. Phibes. Are the films or books good?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LIVE NOW ON KICKSTARTER!!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
carnifex218 wrote:

Ditto.

Hey, Mark - if you're drawing from the Hammer back catalogue you could always include the Twins of Evil:

Seriously though, you've clearly got a keen eye for game design, you should think about developing some coop games. It's what all the cool kids are doing these days.

What else you got on the horizon? Evil Dead? Reanimator? Hellraiser? American Werewolf?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I will look at Twins of Evil, thanks. I recently poured over The Vampire Lovers and Lust for a Vampire for card ideas for this game.

As to co-op games: my upcoming The Thing game is primarily a co-op game, that also happens to play interestingly with two. It's not a foregone conclusion that anybody else around the table is a Thing - that's what makes it so interesting, the dynamic between players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yugblad wrote:
As to co-op games: my upcoming The Thing game is primarily a co-op game, that also happens to play interestingly with two. It's not a foregone conclusion that anybody else around the table is a Thing - that's what makes it so interesting, the dynamic between players.

Yeah, been following the progress of that with great interest, looking forward to some more updates...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matus G
Slovakia
Prešov
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We want Fantomas!
But not the comedy trilogy with Luis de Funes, but rather something serious and "retro" like silent series from 1913-1914! If I had the skills, I would made it by myself...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
What else you got on the horizon? Evil Dead? Reanimator? Hellraiser? American Werewolf?

The only film you mention here that I considered is American Werewolf. However, I've already rolled up my sleeves and am at work on a "real" boardgame project based on a book I adore - and, yes, the author is fully onboard (I am sworn to secrecy).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Hey, Mark - if you're drawing from the Hammer back catalogue you could always include the Twins of Evil:

You might be pleased to hear that I have cast my net over these two for the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yugblad wrote:
Quote:

You might be pleased to hear that I have cast my net over these two for the game.

Good skills!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert C Branch
United States
Granada Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any word on a release date yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
LordCrom wrote:
Any word on a release date yet?

No word yet. I've had to go back to the drawing board on Dracula, due to the game design being a little too similar in places to one I've just sold.

The new game has retained a lot of elements and themic wrinkles, obviously, but the game will play a lot differently than how I originally envisaged. I've spent a lot of time on Dracula recently, actually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yugblad wrote:
I've spent a lot of time on Dracula recently, actually.

Keep up the good work, mate. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gallagher
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to bump this thread a bit, I'm definitely interested in this game Would love to see it come to fruition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engstrom
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Grey Dolphin Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Always love keeping an eye on yugblad's stuff!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.