Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not yet own AtB. I have SoS and plan on getting Poland too. I know the 3rd release will be including new counters for AtB, but my question is will that be the only way to get an updated AtB or could I just wait to buy it and get the new counters then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I already own AtB, but was wondering the same thing myself. I was also wondering if when the next "batch" of AtB games were printed would they have the updated rules to match the SoS game?

Jim

(Still playing with original rule-set)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember reading somewhere that Poland will also contain the new AtB counters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I said that.

But does anyone know if future printings of AtB will update the counters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect that would not happen until the original print-run is completely sold through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To the best of my knowledge, the components will be updated on the next printing. Since Uwe is now using a different manufacturer now than he did with Awakening the Bear's original printings, it only makes sense anyway, as it wouldn't really require more work on Uwe's part to make it happen.

When that will happen though, I have no idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I will wait then for this second printing and be content with SoS for now and everything else coming down the pipe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Traut

Erie
Pennsylvania
msg tools
To clarify, if we already own AtB, purchasing Poland will net a complete set of updated counters for use in AtB?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Planet
Canada
Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that purchasing Poland will net you updated army counters for use in AtB... the other counters are not included (damage chits, road blocks, etc).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Planet
Canada
Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lebatron wrote:
Thanks. I will wait then for this second printing and be content with SoS for now and everything else coming down the pipe.

I also only own SoS. My plan to complete the AtB set was to buy the map boards from the academygames.com site for AtB, get the upgraded AtB army chits from the Poland game, and use the support counters (damage chits, etc) from SoS. I think the only things that I am missing are the berserk damage counter to infantry and the road block counter.

If there are any mapboard packs left at academygames.com, then that is a feasible way to finish the set without waiting for a reprint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rfoth wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that purchasing Poland will net you updated army counters for use in AtB... the other counters are not included (damage chits, road blocks, etc).

This is correct. But all of the non-unit original AtB counters are still completely serviceable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.