Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Wißner
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dixit was just elected as the Spiel des Jahres 2010.
Congratulations!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zé Mário
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What a surprise!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Simons
United Kingdom
Royal Wootton Bassett
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well deserved, if you ask me.

Congratulations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikhail Kruzhkov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations!
For me it was the game of the year in 2009!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bastien
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Incredible !!! Un truc de fou ! Congrats to Regis, Jean-Louis and Marie !
Well deserved, guys !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Time to roll out more expansions =]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
Norway
Stavanger
Rogaland
flag msg tools
Those who know do not speak.
badge
Those who speak do not know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent. I loved this game as soon as I played it. Board gaming to me and my friends is much more about the experience at the table, than the technicalities of this or that mechanic. If a game encourages good times, banter, trickery and imagination then I think it's worthy.

I say this because I am predicting that the flood of 'it's not a proper game' comments will soon start coming in. I've played many games that are technically impeccable, with solid euro or ameritrash credentials and an army of ardent supporters behind them, only to walk away from the table with a feeling not too dissimilar to lengthy contractual negotiations. Everyone at the table executed their role well; no-one gave away too much or bluffed too hard, each party jostled for position without being too bare-faced about the whole thing, and at the end there was clearly only one winner who tried not to look too smug, while the others tried not to look to sore. Dixit, on the other hand, encourages positive player interaction, creativity and interesting stories from pop culture and history. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Before the nominations came I said it deserves at least a special award this year, as I wasn't sure a party game like this can get a real award.
When the nominations were announced I said it deserves the award.
I'm really happy that I was right!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
I met a friend this weekend that had played Dixit with me a few months ago... He had since bought Dixit+Dixit2 plus three extra copies to use as gifts!

The list of people that have discovered Dixit with my (home-made BTW) copy and have run to shops to buy it is still growing, I think that "I have sold" about 15 copies in a few months! And they were mostly non-gamers, so at the same time it has triggered their interest in boardgames in general...
sauron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nagato Fujibayashi

Athens
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
well deserved, a really special game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels Taatgen
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations indeed! Nice victory for Art!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
congrats! What a great game, and certainly deserving!! A perfect fit for the SDJ demographic and an nice innovative stretch the award (relative to previous winners).

(I had assumed Tobago (which didn't even make the finals) would take the 2010 SDJ, but I didn't realize Dixit was up for this year's SDJ...I had assumed it didn't take last year's prize cause it was french )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Basil
United States
Clayton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really well deserved. Great game that can truly be played with anyone. I can't wait for more expansions now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
I (still) really need to pick up this game!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Brunell
Canada
Bromont
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Just come back from Origins (it was good BTW), making a demo of this game is one of the most easy and fun thing to do I ever made in a convention.

Congrats to Libellud.

Watch BGG, BGN, Asmodee game News (our facebook page) or our website for a contest that will start soon. If you like the artwork of Dixit, you don't want to miss it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just played it as a 3-player family game and really enjoyed it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calavera Despierta
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Well deserved.

The art is intoxicating: Rene Margritte + Mercer Mayer. The game play borders on the poetic: The other night, one of the players simply stated "Om" as his story. Once all the cards were revealed, we all agreed they were all too perfect, too beautiful to choose between, and so we discarded the set, dealt everyone a new card and let the player go again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.