Subject: Question about "Come on you bastards!" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zsolt Nagy
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the card text this card "can be used to exceed the 3-card column limit".

Is this ability works only when the card is played, or always?

If the Marine player already has 3 cards in a column, one of them is 'Come on...' can he put a fourth firepower card (e.g. Smart Gun) into that column?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question.

This ability only works when played from the hand. Also, you can play multiples of the same card onto the same battlefield, if you so wish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Volpe
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some more questions about that card, if you don't mind :

Yugblad wrote:

This ability only works when played from the hand.

In the rules is stated: "The > symbol on many of the game’s cards is merely shorthand for this phrase: ‘when this card enters play, do this.’ "
So shall we consider a ">" symbol before the text in the card as a remainder?

Yugblad wrote:
Also, you can play multiples of the same card onto the same battlefield, if you so wish.

Seems obvious but I'd like to be sure, so my question is:
when you say "multiplies of the same card", you refer to the "Come on, you bastards" card, don't you?
So, even if the Marine player plays 3 FirePower cards, he could play all the 3 copies of the "Come on you bastards" card, adding their power to the 3 FP cards already in play... is that correct?

Referring to the Nagypapi question
Nagipapi wrote:

If the Marine player already has 3 cards in a column, one of them is 'Come on...' can he put a fourth firepower card (e.g. Smart Gun) into that column?

please consider this example of play:

on any battlefield, Turn 1:
- Marine Player plays 3 FP card, reaching the limit. One of the card played is "Come on you bastard" (so he didn't use it to exceed the limit).
- Alien player plays his cards, check who wins and so on;
Turn 2:
- Marine player draws 2 cards; one of the cards he just got is a Smart-Gun;
first thought is "I can play Smart-Gun as the 4th card, without removing any of my FP cards, since it's like "Come on you bastards" doesn't count for the 3-cards limit"...
...BUT, from what I undestood, that's not correct, since the card doesn't say 'doesn't count for the 3-cards limit' but 'can be used to exceed the 3-card column limit' (he didn't use this ability in Turn 1); besides, this ability only works when played from the hand, so the "Come one you bastard" he played in Turn 1, now in Turn 2 it is a normal FP card and does count for the 3-card limit. As a result, he cannot play the Smart-Gun, unless he discards one of the FP cards already in play.
My question is... is this correct?

Hope that all I wrote makes some sense

Sorry if I'm so punctilious, but I want to play this game in the right way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes that is correct.

Playing "Come on your bastards" allows you to play it as a 4th card in a column that is already full. It doesn't allow the new limit of that column to increase to 4 for future card plays. In this sense the Come on you bastard card IS the 4th card you're playing.

The point to note is that the Come on You Bastards card is only fully useful if you play it as a 4th card to a row. You could play it as the first, second or third card but you'd only get the firepower advantage not the ability to play a 4th card into that row.

Hope that helps.

Leigh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Volpe
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leighbob wrote:
Hope that helps.
Definitely!

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.