Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two questions about throwing weapons:

1) Can you only throw a weapon you currently have equipped, or can you throw something from your backpack?

2) The rules say the following: "If the target's guess is successful, the weapon flies past him and can hit another character (he is subjected to the same attack as the original target; however his Defense is usually higher)." If it does hit another character, when does the defense happen? Is it delayed until the second character's defense phase, thus allowing him to change his combat action? Or does it happen during the first character's defense phase still? (This actually DID happen in a game a few days ago.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Honza
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1) The weapon to throw must be the one you currently have equipped. Look at the text under the axes (action-use conditions): there's alwas "any weapon","dagger" etc. - it means, appropriate weapon must be in your hand.

2)It happens during second character's defense phase. Character always defends himself (unless the card says otherwise) in his own defense phase. And why he wouldn't be allowed to change combat action? He sees that attacker missed his first victim and that dagger/sword/whatever is flying against him now - so it's time to block it or dodge!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Mierz
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So let's say the player order is Me, Mike, and Kayleigh. I throw a weapon at Kayleigh, and on her turn she dodges it and it hits Mike, standing behind her. On my next turn (which happens before Mike's), I can then reveal a combat action that lets me attack (assuming the distance and everything works out), meaning I can get two attacks on Mike that he has to defend against in the same turn - nice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Honza
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have never experienced situation like this But I think you're right (however odd it looks). (I'm too lazy to replay the situation now, but I guess that if you were so close that you can perform other face-to-face attack, the throwing attack - due to the distance - wouldn't be so strong.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.