Subject: Component Damage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Jackson
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
First of all, This is a Great game. However one of my yellow cowboys was deformed when I opened the box (During the game we refer to him as "Festus")

Although, It does not affect the game play. I still would like to get a replacement that is complete. Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Bass
United States
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
redeaglefalling wrote:
First of all, This is a Great game. However one of my yellow cowboys was deformed when I opened the box (During the game we refer to him as "Festus")

Although, It does not affect the game play. I still would like to get a replacement that is complete. Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

I think you should keep him and come up with some sort of variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jackson
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Doug, thanks for your reply.

I took your suggestion and developed a variant, however; for some reason it was not posted (It was the Gunsmoke Variant). However, I would rather focus on my original question:

What is the best course of action to receive a replacement for my DEFORMRD half hatted cowboy "Festus", and of course I plan on keeping "Festus", but I need a legitimate answer to this questions, and not suggestions that I get into "game design".

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eagle Games, which published Carson City, is here on BGG. You might ask them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Bass
United States
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
redeaglefalling wrote:
Doug, thanks for your reply.

I took your suggestion and developed a variant, however; for some reason it was not posted (It was the Gunsmoke Variant). However, I would rather focus on my original question:

What is the best course of action to receive a replacement for my DEFORMRD half hatted cowboy "Festus", and of course I plan on keeping "Festus", but I need a legitimate answer to this questions, and not suggestions that I get into "game design".

Thanks

I am sorry my answer was not "legitimate". It was certainly not meant to tick you off. I was merely engaging in what I thought was some humorous banter with someone who actually named a wooden meeple "Festus", which I thought was pretty funny. I'm glad you got the answer you were seeking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jackson
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Doug and Dan, Thank you for your responses,

Doug, I was not offended by your reply, and I apologize for my last post. I took your advice and did a tongue in cheek variant for "Festus" and unfortunately, my "Gunsmoke" variant was not posted. For what reason it did not post is unkown to me. So, I apologize if my last post seemed out of line. Believe me it was more out of frustration, to the boardgamegeek forum for not posting my reply, than anything in your original post to my question.

Please accept this as my sincere apology.

Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred CS
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmb
Hi Jim,

Dan is correct, you can send an e-mail to this account and I will forward it to customer service.

Keith

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Bass
United States
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
redeaglefalling wrote:
Doug and Dan, Thank you for your responses,

Doug, I was not offended by your reply, and I apologize for my last post. I took your advice and did a tongue in cheek variant for "Festus" and unfortunately, my "Gunsmoke" variant was not posted. For what reason it did not post is unkown to me. So, I apologize if my last post seemed out of line. Believe me it was more out of frustration, to the boardgamegeek forum for not posting my reply, than anything in your original post to my question.

Please accept this as my sincere apology.

Jim

No problem. I'm sorry you took the time to type up a Gunsmoke variant and it wasn't posted. I would have liked to have seen it!

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jackson
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Doug,

Thanks for your kind reply. Here is the "Gunsmoke Variant"

If you have a deformed cowboy, who will be referred to as "Festus" mine happens to be the color yellow, however; any player no matter what color that has a deformed "Festus" does the following:

1. If "Festus" is in their personal reserve (not the general reserve) that player may receive an additional cowboy from their general reserve for that current turn and designate that cowboy as either: "Marshall Matt Dillion", "Doc Adams" or "Kitty"

If "Marshall Matt Dillion is chosen, Marshall Dillion overides the sheriff and if another player has selected the sheriff as a character, Marshall Dillion can remove the sheriff and The sheriff is no longer available to the player that chose that character, and of course there is no duel between Marshall Dillion and the Sheriff. Sheriff loses and is out of play. Marshall Dillion assumes the regular sheriff role for that turn, and receieves the sheriff character card in addition to the character that they had already chosen, thus increasing the amount of money they may have at the end of the turn. If no player had chosen the Sheriff, then Marshall Dillion can be placed on any action and wins that action without a duel. (i.e. the Marshall is the Sheriff for that turn, and adds the sheriff's cards maximum money requirement to the amount that is on their own character card). Thus increasing the amount of money that they may keep at the end of that round.
If "Doc Adams" is chosen, that player recieves a free drugstore (immediately) and "Doc is placed back into the general reserve. If there are no drugstores remaining. "Doc" stays in the players personal reserve and is just played as an extra cowboy for that turn. (Of course, if that player has no available parcel, then they still get the drugstore and place it when they can).

If "Kitty" is chosen that player recieves a free saloon (immediately) and "Kitty" is placed back in the general reserve. If there are no saloons remaining "Kitty" stays in that players personal reserve and is just played as an extra cowboy for that turn. (once again, if that player has no available parcel to place the building, then they still get the saloon and place it when they can)

If a player gets a free building due to doc or kitty, it still must be placed when allowed by the action track.

"Festus" is still placed as a regular cowboy, however he receives a -2 on all duel dice rolls if he is involved in a dual.

Just my quick thoughts on a variant, when a player has an obviously deformed cowboy.

Additionally,if more than one player has a "Festus" each may use these rules. The "Doc and Kitty" cowboys should not be a problem. However, if more than one player gets Marshall Dillion, and wants
the same action, then they must dual as per the rules.

Deformed means obviously deformed (i.e. "half a hat" "no hat" "no head'
"missing leg" "missing arm")

Let me just say I love this game, and this variant is not to be taken seriously, it just venting on a deformed component. (which I understand
is not unusual, and I do not fault Eagle Games for a extremely minor component imperfection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Bass
United States
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
redeaglefalling wrote:
Here is the "Gunsmoke Variant"

Very funny, Jim! Thanks for that! Hope you get your Festus-replacement soon! If you're ever in Winston-Salem and want to play a game of Carson City (or anything else), look me up. My gaming group is www.meetup.com/camel-city-gamers - we're playing this Saturday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jackson
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Thanks Fred CS,
I just received my undamaged yellow cowboy in the mail today. I really appriciate your help. Fantastic Cusomer Service!

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jackson
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Doug,

Thank you for your invitation to your Saturday game day, I visited your website and it looks great. Hopefully, I can make a Saturday session in the next couple of months. I am in the Charlotte area so it is only about an hour and a half drive for me. How long do your Saturday game sessions usually last?

Thanks, Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.