Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Leeds, Leeds, LEEDS rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Oates
United Kingdom
Leeds, West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Does anyone know if there is a boardgame group, informal or otherwise, that meets in or around Leeds (in the UK).

I've been scouring the Geek for a while now and made a couple of purchases widely recommended for hooking in non-gamers, but my mates don't seem that interested. I get the odd game in here and there but it doesn't look like the chance to step up to the more demanding games is going to come anytime soon.

Ideally it would be to play a reasonable range of boardgames, not necessarily just euros. Sorry there's nothing input on my user profile, so no clues there but I'm pretty much open to anything, although things like hardcore diplomacy-only groups are probably not what I'm looking for (I know, beggars can't be choosers an' all that).

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
Leeds
You need to visit 'Travelling Man' a shop located in 'the Corn Exchange' in Leeds city centre.

They used to have a notice board up with various BG groups/events pinned on. They've gone a bit upmarket recently, but If you ask someone behind the boardgame section desk I'm sure they can help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Lea
United Kingdom
Leeds
County: West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Leeds Leeds
Well Phil, I don't know of any groups in Leeds itself, although I live there. I play with Jon Power's group in York alternate Sundays, and you'd be welcome if that is a possibility for you. But I'd be also interested in opportunities to play in Leeds. Whereabouts do you live? Leave me a message in my inbox.
Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Sturrock
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Idle Game Group
We have a group who meets regularly - once a week if we can. Usually at mine in Idle - Current favs... Game Of Thrones, LOTR Risk, War Of The Ring, Risk Godstorm...

B

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tuesday
Hello Phil,
You're very welcome to give us a try. It is pretty much euro games for us, board and card games. I don't do war games or anything *very* long and heavy, but I know Richard is looking to play stuff like that too. Drop either of us a message.

Richard is coming up to play on Tuesday the 28th, and we haven't yet fixed whether we're playing on the Sunday after, in the new year.

I've only got 1047 games to choose from. Is that enough?

Drop either of us a line if you're interested.

Cheers,
Jon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.