Popular Tags: house.rules [+] [View All]
Lee Wardle
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been working on including the new turn order / combat rules from Westeros into the orignial Battlelore game and have come up with a nice .doc file with the amended rules.

However, as most of these rules are cut/paste from the Westeros rules, then altered by me, I'm not sure if I am allowed to upload them. Will this break the copywrite?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Bingham
Germany
Herford
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
plpompey wrote:
...copywrite?

I see what you did there. Very clever. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Wardle
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ScYcS wrote:
plpompey wrote:
...copywrite?

I see what you did there. Very clever. cool

Glad someone spotted that. Interesting idea to merge the two, that I guess Fantasy Flight will not want to catch on, as it makes buying Westeros a little redundant. I know there's loads of goodness in the new game, but I just can't seem to bring myself to buy a new game when I have so much Battlelore stuff already. Merging the rules seems to be the best way to try it out without spending the cash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelein de Cratia
Spain
Guayota City
Nivaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Go for that hybrid, plpompey

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ι agree. BoW has some nice new ideas but I simply won't buy a new core game.

FFG should print an "advanced rules" expansion for BL in collaboration with Richard Borg and add some of this stuff to BL.

There is no chance in hell that I'm going to start buying BoW stuff all over again when I have a perfectly good system already with BL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lewis
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
About the only thing I would vaguely take on board would be the moral chart (where loosing a green is a one point ding, blue a three point & red four) and run it along side the existing absolute number of units to be removed.

Might just make it a bit more complex, though would need to think how many morale points versus absolute number to ensure a balance victory target.

but all this flanking rules etc etc meh can't be bothered, I like homebrewing too much to get that boxed in.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bowmangr wrote:
FFG should print an "advanced rules" expansion for BL in collaboration with Richard Borg and add some of this stuff to BL.

I read this sentence, thought about the uproar over charging for the new Tannhäuser Revised Edition Rulebook and I shuddered in fear. I mean, they'd have to charge for such a thing, don'cha think? And as much as I'd be there Day 1 to get a copy, you know there are folks who'd gripe and gripe and . . . gripe.

Still, a cool idea. I had some store credit to burn so I ordered BoW after reading the rules and finding myself intrigued. Could be interesting to adapt some of the new stuff to BL.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lewis
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
plpompey wrote:
I have been working on including the new turn order / combat rules from Westeros into the orignial Battlelore game and have come up with a nice .doc file with the amended rules.

However, as most of these rules are cut/paste from the Westeros rules, then altered by me, I'm not sure if I am allowed to upload them. Will this break the copywrite?

When you submit a file it goes to a moderator to check out before allowing it to be seen on the Files section so give it a go, they'll say no very quickly if they have concerns.

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Wardle
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I emailed Fantasy Flight asking about permission to post and had a nice reply from them as follows;

"We would prefer that you did not do so, at least for a short time. Please allow the game to be out getting the attention it deserves for a while.

After that, as long as you do not post complete rules, but a list of rule changes and additions, and that you post the following, both on the rules themselves and on the description page, you should be okay:

"© 2010 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc., all rights reserved. Battles of Westeros, BattleLore, Fantasy Flight Games, and the Fantasy Flight Games logo are trademarks of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.",

So I'll work on the house rules more until I think everything is well balanced, give it some months, then post them as per the instructions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven O'Shea
United States
Woodland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
plpompey wrote:
Please allow the game to be out getting the attention it deserves for a while.

The Lord knows they are promoting it enough. By the way, does anyone else know that also released today was Battlelore: Horrific Hordes?
I wish FFG would promote both of these games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Astyaro
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When are you posting your rules?
I am very intrested in trying them out
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Talarius Dunedain
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Hellboy!
mbmbmbmbmb
Insomne wrote:
When are you posting your rules?
I am very intrested in trying them out
Thanks

+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Wardle
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I have posted the file to BGG, just waiting approval. Please bear in mind that this is a hybrid that I have not had a chance to playtest, what with the arrival of my little boy and all the work that involves!

Feel free to alter it how ever you like, or make suggestions how to blend them better together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.