GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,698 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Tazar Yoot
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So apparently I have a pretty old copy of Descent JitD. I recently picked up 3 expansions, RtL, AoD, & WoD. The cards included with the expansions are significantly larger than my core JitD set of cards and I've noticed some other threads mentioning this. However I was curious since it appears this card size issue has been corrected in newer boxes of JitD, has anyone contacted FFG and asked for a new set of the base game cards? Is there any way to buy or get ahold of cards that will fit the new expansion's size cards?

I emailed FFG on Friday and have yet to hear anything back, maybe my request was a bit too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TazarYoot wrote:
However I was curious since it appears this card size issue has been corrected in newer boxes of JitD, has anyone contacted FFG and asked for a new set of the base game cards? Is there any way to buy or get ahold of cards that will fit the new expansion's size cards?

Interesting. My copy of JITD is from pretty early as well. I have every expansion and all of the card sizes match up just fine.

Out of curiosity, how big is the size difference?

Quote:
I emailed FFG on Friday and have yet to hear anything back, maybe my request was a bit too much.

I've always received replies very quickly and found them to have exceptional customer service, so I wouldn't be too quick to assume the worst. If it's been more than a day or two I'd suggest trying again or maybe calling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes it takes as much as a week for them to reply... but usually they are pretty quick about this.. I know they have helped me on numerous occasions with card problems(usually accidental destruction and a replacement being sent.)
Their customer service is 2nd to none in the gaming industry....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My set is pretty old too, though I'm not sure how to tell the difference between 1st and 2nd printings. But none of my cards have been different sized. Is it all of them or certain decks?

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tazar Yoot
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to mention that in my little experience with FFG's customer service, I have been nothing but satisfied so my post was in no way trying to talk down to FFG's customer service, I was only trying to see if anyone else had had the same issue and tried contacting them before me.

The difference in size is with all the cards, from the Overlord deck to the artifacts, to the shop cards, to the monster stat cards, any any others I'm probably forgetting.

The size difference in minor but certainly noticable when the cards are mixed into each deck. Shuffling the cards proves to be very akward because all the newer expansion cards are a tad longer on the tops/bottoms (the sides appear to be even). I'm at work right now but I can probably get a photo tonight once I get home to show you exactly what I'm talking about.

I will give them a couple more days to reply to my inquiry and if I haven't heard anything back by Friday of this week, (giving them 1 total week to reply) I will shoot them a second email.

I've considered using sleeves for the decks that it effects most but still I was hoping to avoid the hassle of needing to buy sleeves and dealing with finding a new way to store my cards because they wont fit in the boxes I have them in if they are sleeved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tazar Yoot
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Here's an image as promised of my cards to show an example of the size difference. The bottom of this deck of cards is flush with table and as you can see some stick out noticably higher than the others. The bigger cards are all from the new expansions. Only my JitD cards are "undersized".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.