Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Taj Mahal» Forums » Rules

Subject: are the oval tiles out of the game after they are exchanged for a special card? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Mumford
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
ceci n'est pas une pipe
mbmbmbmbmb
When you exchange two oval tiles for a white special card, do you put the oval tiles back in the supply, or are they out of the game?

Before each visit, the rules say to replace any oval tiles that we claimed on the previous visit. But it is possible that if oval tiles are out of the game when exchanging for a special card, that some tiles are no longer available, especially late in the game. This would make some suits 'inactive', and give the player with that special card a persistent advantage.

So, we ruled that after exchanging oval tiles for a special card, the oval tiles go back to their stacks beside the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Back in supply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Bass
United States
Venice
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Back to supply.

There are 6 of each color, which is the most that will be needed. It's possible for each of the 5 players to have 1 orange, for example, at the start of a visit. Then a player could earn an orange when withdrawing. At this point, the player would have 2 orange, and have to turn back them in to the supply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mumford
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
ceci n'est pas une pipe
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, so we got it right.

Another question: I'm reading in these forums that if you withdraw before playing any cards you get your pick of two cards from the display, plus and extra from the deck. I don't see where that extra card is mentioned in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
photocurio wrote:
Thanks, so we got it right.

Another question: I'm reading in these forums that if you withdraw before playing any cards you get your pick of two cards from the display, plus and extra from the deck. I don't see where that extra card is mentioned in the rules.

Here you go. I checked the rules on RGG's site.
Rules, sheet 8, in italics wrote:
A player may choose to withdraw in the first round of a visit without playing any cards. Of course, the player will place no palaces in this province and score no points for this visit. However, such a player draws the topmost card from the drawing deck and then takes two cards from the card supply. Thus, players may occasionally find it advisable to withdraw without playing cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.