Subject: This Game Should Be On Your Radar rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chef D
United States
US Armed Forces - Americas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I have been enjoying Carl Chudyk's games recently and wanted to find out what else he had published. I found out about this game, but it was damn near impossible to find. Luckily I did, and what a gem of a game. I know a couple of reviewers have simply written this off, but this really is a fun and interactive game, with a great theme. Swashbuckling in the icy waters off Newfoundland. I know that CGF has somewhat fallen off the map and only recently begun to emerge once they heard the war drums beating to get GtR back to market. But this game has real potential. Someone has to get CGF to get their designs to the big guys. Look at Winsome games. They have been a great incubator for designs that then get licensed to larger companies. It is time this game be more widely know. No it is not a gamer's game. But it is a great game none the less. Plus part of the problem with BGG is not realizing that not all games will be appealing to all audiences. This one has been buried, but it is a treasure worth seeking out. If you do find one, do let CGF know that it should see the light of day again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Carter
United States
Groton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Funguy wrote:
This one has been buried, but it is a treasure worth seeking out. If you do find one, do let CGF know that it should see the light of day again.

It is absolutely on our radar - beyond my general disappearance, the delay had been because we needed to find a cost effective printer to convert the card based board to hexagonal tiles (my printer in Shanghai does tiles fine).

Back in 2007 Carl, Rob and I were working on the rules for a second edition; we're actually planning to playtest them at Pandemonium on Wednesday (July 14th) - if you're around we'd love to get your input - we'll be there from 6PM.

Cheers,

Ed Carter
Managing Director
Cambridge Games Factory
www.cambridgegames.com
YES! We'd love to see your game idea
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wakefield Morys-Carter
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The planned release date of this new edition using hexagonal tiles is early 2011.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.