Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: PowWow 2005 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Glenn
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Greetings Everyone,

PowWow 2005 will again be held in Charlottesville, Virginia. For those unaware, PowWow is an annual get-together of amateur and professional game designers. Figuratively speaking, PowWow is the red-headed step child of Protospiel, the *original* annual get-together of amateur and professional game designers co-founded by myself, Dominic Crapuchettes and Mike Petty. Initially held in Charlottesville, Protospiel quickly migrated North to Michigan where it not only survived but thrived. Having no desire to organize and manage a conference from twelve hours away, and seeing no reason to dig up the roots, I handed Mike the keys last year. To his credit, it's still running like a champ.

Of course, this left me and my East coast buddies without our own designers' conference. Not wanting to confuse the issue by calling it "Protospiel East", or something else equally uninspired, I chose PowWow, a hopefully-not-too-subtle reference/homage to the Native American communities that occupied these lands only four brief centuries ago (who knows -- we may even get together for rousing session of The Pawnee Ghost Dance Hand Game)

anyhoo, that's enough of a brief history for those who desired it.

The pertinent information is as follows:

POWWOW 2005
Charlottesville, Virginia
July 6-10, 2005
(Wed-Sun)

The English Inn of Charlottesville
2000 Morton Drive
Charlottesville, VA 22903
434-971-9900
800-786-5400

The sales manager has agreed to keep the rates the same as last year ($80/night). We will be reserving the King Charles conference room again which will be available to us 24/7.

The admission cost this year will be a flat $30, no matter how many days you'll be attending. Those who attended all four days last year will note that this is $10 cheaper than what you paid then.

I don't have a registration plan set up just yet. If you're interested in attending just shoot me a note at:

stephen.glenn@gmail.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
Working on being there
That's the plan. Hopefully Thursday to Sunday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.