GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,304 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Castle Panic» Forums » General

Subject: Castle Panic "Monster Cup" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scythe!
badge
Life is not a game - games are life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, all you Monster Slayers!

I really love this game. It plays well with any number of players and is awesome fun solo (games always get bonus points from me for that )! It is always a tense battle - right to the last turn - and I love that!

However, I do not love having to turn all of the monster tokens face-down in a pile at the beginning of the game. It can also be annoying trying to pick these tokens up off the table.

I had a custom Arkham Horror monster cup made last year - it works awesome and looks great! So I decided to do the same for Castle Panic. I had this made a few months ago but just now got around to taking some pictures of it to share.

Here they are!

The bag has a drawstring and I store the Monsters inside it. Now the game is practically ready-to-play right out of the box! laugh

I had this made by Heather (marsbarn) at Etsy.com.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/marsbarn

She does excellent work, is very friendly, will go out of her way to try to give you exactly what you want, and is just awesome in general. laugh If you like what you see, send her a message and see if she has time to make one for you. Also, it would make me feel good if you told her that I made you aware of her awesome work.

Here is a link to my Arkham Horror monster cup:
http://www.etsy.com/transaction/14105000

Her work is absolutely beautiful. You will not be disappointed.

Please note that when I got mine made she no longer had any of the castle wall fabric left and wasn't sure if she would be able to get any more. This may have changed by now, but I'm letting you know about it ahead of time in case she's still been unable to find it. Not to worry though, she has LOTS of fabrics to choose from.

Thanks for listening!
Rob

EDIT: Okay, so it looks like my timing on this post was real bad - Heather's Etsy shop will be closed for July and she won't be taking orders. Oops.

That's all right though... if you are interested in getting one made, in the meantime, you can still look at her other bags and fabrics at the shop and get a real good idea about what you might want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
.308 Jake
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice. I use a Crown Royal pouch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cookingham
United States
Poughkeepsie
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They look great. Thanks for sharing.

What are the measurements for them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scythe!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trippercook wrote:

Yeah a Crown Royal pouch would be fine too, but purple isn't exactly my thing... especially since I'm a sucker for theme. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scythe!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cookinjr wrote:
They look great. Thanks for sharing.

They look great because Heather does truly awesome work.

Quote:
What are the measurements for them?

If you know anything about Arkham Horror, telling you that one this size holds all of the monsters from the game and all of its expansions with room to spare would give you a good idea.

Or, in other words, they're around 4 1/2 inches per side and 5 inches tall. laugh

One of these bags can hold 6 CD jewel cases quite comfortably.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fourth Wheel
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
DrCrow wrote:
trippercook wrote:

Yeah a Crown Royal pouch would be fine too, but purple isn't exactly my thing... especially since I'm a sucker for theme. cool

Agreed. So I use a Crown Royal Maple pouch which is brown. Nevertheless, I like the one pictured.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Edmore
Michigan
flag msg tools
I know this was a old thread but if Rob Bell(DrCrow) is still posting here could you post and tell us is it easy to get the tiles from the bottom?

I like the dice bag and I am thinking of ordering one but the flat bottom makes me wonder if the tiles would be hard to pick out from the bottom.

Hope your still around and see this,
Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scythe!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I must say that I've never really thought about it. I just pick up the bag, grab a bunch of tiles, and then hold on to one as I let the rest fall. I've never thought for a second that it was hard to get tiles from the bottom.

Besides, it's really easy to push the bottom of the bag and stir them up. cool

The bags are awesome. Tell Heather I sent you if you decide to get one.

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Edmore
Michigan
flag msg tools
Thank you for the reply Rob and I will tell her you sent me.
I already have made plans for 1 simple one and 1 if she wants a challenge.devil

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.