Popular Tags: [View All]
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I have dabbled with Dominion but don't play it regularly. We are wanting to get the expansions in part so we can play the occasional 6-player game if we happen to have that many over and want to play.

So maybe this is a dumb question: Is there a need to have 3 extra of the "special" victory cards like Gardens, Duke, etc.? You are to have 15 cards for each of the basic victory and state the special decks, if used, are to be set up the same way. But then they only give you 12 cards each.

Do you not play with these victory cards if you have more than 4 players? or is 12 of each sufficient?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only VP pile you need extra cards for is the provinces.

You will also need extra Estates, but only for the extra starting hands. The pile still has 12
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically you just need to adjust your strategy (Gardens esp.!) as it may be hard to get more than 2 if everyone's trying to get them.

In my copy, I have the VP cards in bags with instructions like "Estates: 2P = 14, 3P = 21, 4P = 24, 5P = 27, 6P = 30" so that people who know how to play the game but aren't necessarily good at remembering picky details like adding 3 extra estates to count in the start hands can still setup and play the game without harassing me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks guys. I misread that in the printed copy of the rules I had for Intrigue - assumed it was all Victory cards.
InfoCynic wrote:
Basically you just need to adjust your strategy (Gardens esp.!) as it may be hard to get more than 2 if everyone's trying to get them.

In my copy, I have the VP cards in bags with instructions like "Estates: 2P = 14, 3P = 21, 4P = 24, 5P = 27, 6P = 30" so that people who know how to play the game but aren't necessarily good at remembering picky details like adding 3 extra estates to count in the start hands can still setup and play the game without harassing me.

Yep, that is what I plan on doing. bagging everything for a quick set-up based on the number of players. So it seems like most of the victory cards won't be used from the Intrigues set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For each additional player past 4, you need 3 Provinces, 3 Estates, and 10 Curses. For a long time, I had two sets of 3/3/10 pre-separated in my secondary treasure. Now I only have one because when we have 6 players, we play with two tables of three.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.