GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,183 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

EastFront II» Forums » Rules

Subject: Satellites and Scenarios rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Hope
United States
Woodside
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question regarding the campaign game and the restrictions on Satellite units: is it accurate that starting with the June '43 turn all Satellite units are restricted, even if they have not been destroyed and the conditions for their release are still present?

If so, is the basis for this the fact that the Italian landings are close to occurring and so the Satellite nations want to keep their forces closer to home?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Fort Lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Satellite units are restricted because in the June 1943 scenario because, historically, they were all destroyed during Soviet offensives in the winter of 1942-43.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hope
United States
Woodside
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, but in the campaign should those restrictions be in place when you play through to those months? The rulebook suggests that they should (because you play with whatever special rules the scenario has), but it doesn't really make much sense to me if that's the reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Fort Lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sorry, misunderstood your question the first time around.

I've never observed that rule if I start a campaign game that goes into Summer 1943...like you said, it doesn't make sense unless the satellite units were destroyed and/or the Soviets recaptured Odessa/Sevastopol.

EDIT: This doesn't come up often, but I also play a house rule that the Italian satellite army is eliminated in September 1943 (if it hasn't been already) to reflect Italy's historical surrender.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hope
United States
Woodside
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Fizban!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.