Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Great Gift Given rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Amit Akbar
Netherlands
Unspecified
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Today to my surprise I was given a game of Maharadja by my
colleages for my birthday.
Although I really like the game off course, what I even like more is the fact that all of them have chipped in a bit to pay for it and that the reason (at least that is what I reckon) behind it all is that they like me as their manager and foremost as a person. That's a nice taught to have in these days where bitterness and angst is getting the upperhand more and more.

I can only say that I don't care how many times I will lose with this game, I will always like it for this memory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amit Akbar
Netherlands
Unspecified
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmb
This makes me wonder again...is there a game for you that has been given to you and has had a greater meaning for you i.e. marks a special relationship in your life?

Besides with Maharadja now I have it with Diplomacy which my wife bought for my birthday a year ago and Bohnanza which I was given by my best friends.

p.s. I will give my sister and mother a game of Settlers cardgame, hoping this game will also become such a special gift.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Congratulations
...and "Happy Birthday" too! I am sorry to report that NO, and as MUCH of a 'Game Geek' I am, while for ALL of these many decades, and YET, not ONE person I know of outside of MY 'Gaming Group' has gotten the 'idea' to get ME a Game that I truly wanted. I don't count the ONES where I had to TELL them EXACTLY, just which 'Game' that I really, truly wanted-and those have been very few, so few that I can count them on '1'-hand with as many as '2'-'digits'(formed into a '0')-while that'd also BE the 'ones' where I told them EXACTLY which 'Game' to get(a total of '2'). So, count your 'Lucky Stars' for this and I'll just keep on getting for myself, WHAT I 'want', WHEN I 'want', and of WHICH I 'want'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Henke
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well....I'm more like Robert (GROGnads)
My friends mean well and have embraced my gaming addiction. They give me gift certificates. I'm the one who buys the games and knows them...they buy them after we play them most often.

I don't mind the gift certificates, but I wonder if anyone will ever catch me off guard and surprise me with some wonderful game I don't know about first. That would make it special above all to me...the effort and the surprise.

I love 'em all (my friends), but I have to face facts...I'm the game pusher.

Happy Holidays!!

PS_ it's great what they did for you. Is it the new Maharaja or the old Avalon Hill one? The new one is good; I've not played the old one. Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amit Akbar
Netherlands
Unspecified
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi Jason,
it is the new Maharadja. My wife and I played it once before
and we loved it. It will definetely get playingtime during christmas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.