GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,203 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Glen More» Forums » General

Subject: English version of the game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven McIntyre
United States
Junction City
Oregon
flag msg tools
Does anyone know when an English version of Glen More is going to be available?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
smakdad wrote:
Does anyone know when an English version of Glen More is going to be available?

Perhaps you could ping Jay at Rio Grande by email and ask him. DOn't forget to report back.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
If you feel like you need the game, then get the German edition. Thanks to the wonderful Bruce Murphy there's a perfect English translation available.

No need to wait for an English edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stormseeker75 wrote:
If you feel like you need the game, then get the German edition. Thanks to the wonderful Bruce Murphy there's a perfect English translation available.

Thanks

As I've said elsewhere, though. If you play with groups who are really uncomfortable with foreign language text for the flavour names of the tiles (which you can do without) or descriptions (to go with the icons) on the special tiles, maybe you should wait for the English version.

Me, I'm very happy we've got and are playing the German one already.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lister
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stormseeker75 wrote:

Whilst i agree that Bruce is wonderful i think that some others on the forums have made a large contribtion to making English rules available on the Geek.

I guess the lack of an annoucement from Rio Grande probably means that an English version is way off (at best) - andi aggree with Stormseeker - defintely worth picking up the German version as the language dependency is minimal and this is one of the best games to have been released in 2010 so far.

So good in fact i might be playing it in London next Thursday, any takers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Folks should feel free to compare the translations. I've pointed out elsewhere that I cribbed some of the basic text, but none of the graphics when making my own.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Sorp222 wrote:

I might just jump on a train.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Tonks
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorp222 wrote:

...this is one of the best games to have been released in 2010 so far.

Not the best thing to say when I'm eagerly awaiting a German copy from you, Paul !

Looking forward to this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lister
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tonksey wrote:
Sorp222 wrote:

Not the best thing to say when I'm eagerly awaiting a German copy from you, Paul !

Apologies ,,,,,,,whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Hill
United States
WESTERVILLE
OH
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked Jay about this game at Origins this past weekend and it will be coming out in English from Rio Grande Games. I believe his policy is to not give estimated release dates so he would not say when it was coming out but I suspect (but don't know for sure) that it will be later this year.

Ken
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KenH wrote:
I asked Jay about this game at Origins this past weekend and it will be coming out in English from Rio Grande Games. I believe his policy is to not give estimated release dates so he would not say when it was coming out but I suspect (but don't know for sure) that it will be later this year.

Ken

Thanks Ken, many of today's American gamers freak out at the sight of German text, but we can too easily remember when that was the norm.....

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Flux
United Kingdom
Cropwell Bishop
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
Tally Ho!
mbmbmb
tonksey wrote:
Sorp222 wrote:

Not the best thing to say when I'm eagerly awaiting a German copy from you, Paul :) !

I see your a member of Fang matey, we've been playing this quite a bit recently so if your going to come up again any time soon let me know and I'll ensure that there is a copy there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis Kan
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think German edition is ok, as there aren't too much cards needs to translate, and after 1 or 2 game, you will know the use of the card (as there are pictures in the card to help you to easy memorise what the card really do).
And I think the price for English edition is a bit expensie which German edition is enough. However, if you MUST need original English rules and English card text, then you wait for the English edition (but donno for the release time...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
The game designer has added the Rio Grande version to the Essen Cannonical geeklist, suggesting that English copies will be available at Essen, then presumably in shops soon afterwards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SteveK2 wrote:
The game designer has added the Rio Grande version to the Essen Cannonical geeklist, suggesting that English copies will be available at Essen, then presumably in shops soon afterwards.

Nifty. For people who absolutely can't wait (or who already have the German version), I've added translated reference cards and bonus cards to the files section.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.