GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,341 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Looking for board game similar to HeroQuest ! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Tas
Greece
flag msg tools
Hello everyone...
I'm new to the forum and really amateur with board games but while I was playing a game on my PC lately it brought me memories of HeroQuest, a board game that I had been playing with friends a few years ago. So, my question is "is there anything like Heroquest around nowdays" ? ...or even better?

You know.. I'm looking for that RPG/fantasy/adventure combination at the barbarian/dwarf/elf/sorcerer world..that rly rocks and hero quest included them all!

I'd also love a dungeon-like enviroment..to explore the rooms and look for chests-traps-creatures! Pls HELP the nub

P.S.: Sorry for my bad English =S
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
DO NOT CLICK HERE!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that Descent: Journeys in the Dark might fit your bill. Another one that might work for you is heroscape.

Hope that helps.

Damon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Vollick
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two words: Warhammer Quest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Ameritrash
United States
Statesboro
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
AFC
mbmbmbmbmb
Dungeon Plungin' is very similar to HeroQuest, but requires no GM, can be played solo, and is a free to print and play. Totally worth the investment of time and printer ink.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Berry
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend Tomb http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/43320/tomb-c...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madhujith Venkatakrishna
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I second Descent: Journeys in the Dark awesome experience.

Also look at Heroscape Master Set: Rise of the Valkyrie- very popular miniature game

Completely different, but a fantasy Theme, no miniature is Cutthroat Caverns- have a look at this this is fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Tas
Greece
flag msg tools
Wow, rly fast answers! Tnx guyz, that helped a lot .)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Boyll
United States
Kuna
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft Board Game should fit your request nicely. It is supposed to be released in a month.

Warhammer Quest is the evolution of heroquest if you can find it.

Descent: Journeys in the Dark is fantastic if you don't mind someone playing the monsters. It can be a tad long.

If the verses stile game is OK with you I will suggest Claustrophobia as well.

If price is a concern then you might want to check out Dungeoneer: Tomb of the Lich Lord. It is less than $20. you just have to suply the dice and player tokens.

DungeonQuest (third edition) comes out later this year too. It will probably play more like a solo game vs. the dungeon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toco
Belgium
Oost-Vlaanderen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
www.tocoking.be/hotspot
mbmbmbmbmb
To my opinion there's nothing like HeroQuest. But there ARE a lot of games that use the same ideas and have the same (and better) visual marvel.

Descent, Warhammer Quest, D&D, ... are all very nice, but they don't feel and play like the 'original' HeroQuest.

So if you have genuine nostalgic feelings about HeroQuest, then just get it at eBay. If you want the next generation dungeon crawler then go for the other options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.