Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Yet Another Positive Gamesurplus Experience rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff M
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
The key to the treasure is the treasure.
I just placed my third order from Gamesurplus.com. Like both of the last two orders I placed from them, it arrived at my doorstep less than 24 hours from the moment I placed the order. Incredible!

And once again, they provided a quick confirmation e-mail, a tracking number for the package, and excellent packing such that all the games arrived in perfect condition.

This is on top of the fact that their prices are among the best out there, and their shipping is very reasonable. What's more, the one time I corresponded with them, they responded to my e-mail quickly and in a friendly manner. It's clear that they are a family-owned business with good business values.

What a great store. I can't imagine how their service could be any better (short of their owner coming to my home to punch the bits and shuffle the cards). I'd really recommend them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snoo Py
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Posting Guidelines
No Ads - Selling products or linking to stores is forbidden.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is not an ad. It is important feedback that we can all use to know how companies behave. I like to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fair
United States
Damascus
MD
flag msg tools
designer
Or maybe PowerGrid?
badge
Yeah, that's me. Handsome devil, I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree
Quote:
What a great store. I can't imagine how their service could be any better (short of their owner coming to my home to punch the bits and shuffle the cards). I'd really recommend them.

I have so many positive experiences with Thor and Sarah that, were I to journal them all, I would never have time to play all the great games they send me.

Great people, great service, great prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fair
United States
Damascus
MD
flag msg tools
designer
Or maybe PowerGrid?
badge
Yeah, that's me. Handsome devil, I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a problem.
Quote:
Posting Guidelines

He isn't selling anything, and he hasn't provided a link. This journal entry is ok.

Seriously, if you can't provide feedback, both good and bad about vendors, games, and players in your journal, then there is something wrong with the guidelines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brafman
United States
Boca Raton
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to agree. I emailed them twice with two changes to an order I had place, and they were both very accomodating and friendly. Regarding their shipping, I would say they are more than reasonable -- its pretty clear they are charging the same and their actual costs, unlike many of the discount internet stores that are obviously making back some of the discount on the games by charging extra on the shipping.

To top it off, on my second order (for the German through the desert for only $36), they corrected my shipping address (remembering me from the previous week) on their own! If I had to nitpick -- I wish they posted a phone number to reach them. Highly recommended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Foodgeek
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
I agree that it is not an ad. Nobody complained when I raved about my Timewellspent.org experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
The key to the treasure is the treasure.
Snoo py,

I'm not trying to sell anything or advertise. I have no connection to Gamesurplus other than the fact that I have bought from them three times.

I just had a good experience with a vendor and thought that my positive experience would be useful to others. Like others here, I benefit from others' comments -- good and bad -- about the places they buy from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
Competitor?
Quote:
Posting Guidelines

I wonder if Joe is a worker for a competitor? devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Foodgeek
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
Oh, you think Joe is bitter that he can't advertize here? heh devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jody Ludwick
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Gamesurplus.com is my primary on-line source of games and their service has been absolutely wonderful. We've only had one damaged package in the past year (UPS's fault) and the one game box (not content) that was damaged was immediately replaced at no additional charge. I didn't even have to return the damaged game.

BTW, Game Surplus is the reason we're the lucky owners of 'Reef Encounter' too. I asked them if they were going to carry it and they in turn later e-mailed me as soon as they had stock.

One very happy camper/customer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Needle
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have used them twice for shipments to Oz and couldn't be happier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey D Myers
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
"Always rely upon a happy mind alone." Geshe Chekhawa.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditto Here....

They are incredibly fast and communicative. Bravo! (Just received Entdecker today from them.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snoo Py
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Quote:
Oh, you think Joe is bitter that he can't advertize here? heh devil

Yeah. I wish I could advertize my shop all over the geek.
Seriously, GS is one of the main internet retailers. You'll find tons of happy people trading with them, and it'll be the same for Boards&Bits, Boulder, Funagain, FairPlay etc.....
So this kind of posting is really usefull if it's about a not really well known name.
Otherwise, if every customer that had a good experience is going to report it here, well .....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snoo Py
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Btw, I wish you a merry Christmas to all of you !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Foodgeek
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
Well, i find these kind of posts helpful if they show a retailer somehow being above the norm.

Yes, a hard to find game would do it. But, my testyimonial for timewellspent.org was due to the fact that they were really helpful (and knowledgeable), were willing to work out a shipping deal for a small game (which I don't even think I bought), and when I did place an order...they let me change the order twice before it actually shipped (it was a holiday weekend).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.