GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,368 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Bugs

Subject: No way to see which geeklists a designer is in rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Customize View for a game permits you to see a section with geeklists the game is in.

But Customize View for a designer doesn't permit this, even though designers can be in geeklists.

This is a practical problem because people create redundant geeklists like http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/56208/women-game-designers since they can't easily find that there's already a geeklist with a given designer in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't call it a bug but a lack of feature - a lack of a useful feature, that is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lacxox wrote:
I wouldn't call it a bug but a lack of feature

Hmm, I guess we don't actually know if it's a bug (i.e. there was an intent to display GeekLists as one of the layout options for designers, just like for Games, Game Families, etc, but due to some bug it's not showing up) or a lack of a feature (i.e. there was no conscious intent to display GeekLists in the Designer layout).

Either way, it would be useful if it would be fixed/added/whatever. And I would hope and (I think) reasonably expect it's probably not hard to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would also be nice to have this for publishers for which the feature is also missing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.