GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,017 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
31 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: 100 Greatest Movie Insults of All Time rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
...something. :)
mbmbmbmb
WARNING: Cursing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fortune
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Stare into my eyes and feel the irresistible urge to check out my profile overpowering you...
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Your mom goes to college...huh huh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still trying to figure out how this isn't just 50 Samuel Jackson and 50 Joe Pesci quotes..

I blame those tree-hugging diversity fans...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Munnerlyn
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some pretty good ones in there but it doesn't have this. No video that I can find but here's a sound bite.

http://www.entertonement.com/clips/sjsvljhmty--Lower-than-wh...-

Transcript

Harry: "Look, am I gonna have to have him leaning over my shoulder?"

Man: "Look, you work with Briggs on this Callahan. But if you ever lean out of line, so help me, I'll flop you lower than whale shit!"

Harry: "Speaking of whale shit, what have you turned up Briggs?"

Obviously you don't want to listen to this at work without headphones at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nasty McHaggis
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
I'm pouring all of my points in sarcasm.
badge
Box next to hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

Although this became a popular catch phrase in our home for awhile (and still gets pulled out from time to time), I have never gotten it.

Can someone spell this one out for me? I'd be eternally grateful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The greatest insult I've seen (too long for this youtube clip) was from Talk Radio (my bold emphasis added, below):

"Believe it or not, you make perfect sense to me. I should hang. I'm a hypocrite. I ask for sincerity, and I lie. I denounce the system as I embrace it. I want money and power and prestige. I want ratings and success. I don't give a damn about you or the world. That's the truth.

"For this, I could say I'm sorry, but I won't. Why should I? I mean, who the hell are you anyways, you audience? You're on me every night like a pack of wolves, 'cause you can't stand facing what you are and what you've made. Yes, the world is a terrible place. Yes, cancer and garbage disposals will get you. Yes, a war is coming. Yes, the world is shot to hell, and you're all goners. Everything's screwed up, and you like it that way, don't you?

"You're fascinated by the gory details. You're mesmerized by your own fear. You revel in floods, car accidents, unstoppable diseases. You're happiest when others are in pain.

"That's where I come in, isn't it? I'm here to lead you by the hands through the dark forest of your own hatred and anger and humiliation. I'm providing a public service. You're so scared. You're like a little child under the covers. You're afraid of the bogeyman, but you can't live without him. Your fear, your own lives, have become your entertainment.

"Next month, millions of people are gonna be listening to this show, and you'll have nothing to talk about! Marvelous technology is at our disposal. Instead of reaching up to new heights, we're gonna see how far down we can go. How deep into the muck we can immerse ourselves.

"What do you wanna talk about, hmm? Baseball scores? Your pet? Orgasms?

"You're pathetic. I despise each and every one of you. You got nothing, absolutely nothing. No brains, no power, no future. No hope. No God. The only thing you believe in is me. What are you if you don't have me? I'm not afraid, see? I come in every night, make my case, make my point, say what I believe in! I tell you what you are. I have to. I have no choice. You frighten me. I come here every night, tear into you, I abuse you, I insult you, and you just keep coming back for more.

"What's wrong with you? Why do you keep calling? I don't wanna hear it anymore. Stop talking! Go away!

"You're a bunch of yellow-bellied, spineless, bigoted, quivering, drunken, insomniatic, paranoid, disgusting, perverted, voyeuristic, little obscene phone callers. That's what you are. Well, to hell with you. I don't need your fear and your stupidity. You don't get it. It's wasted on you. Burros before swine."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
zombiegod wrote:
fucking this and fucking that..

Netflix Queued.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
I'm not gonna watch that video... but please confirm that Al Pacino/Ricky Roma from Glengarry Glen Ross is in there...

Edit: Watched from home. Woo-hoo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Soledade
Portugal
Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
WYG Developer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack Palance: "I crap bigger than you"

Keep it simple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Years ago I had a friend who was an author. He started writing a book series where the hero was an Arabic merchant with a talent for the creative insult. Things like "May warts grow on the inside of your nose oh drinker of camel's piss". After a while friends were helping him with insults. He'd get home and his answering machine would have multiple messages on it that were simply insults. The phone would ring and he'd answer, be insulted and go "That's a good one" and write it down.

My wife accidentally and hysterically swore at a dinner one night. We were at a convention and were having dinner at the big banquet. They had those big banquet tables that seated 10 or 12 and being an English Porcelain collectibles convention most of the folks at our table were British friends of ours. My wife was having a good time and they were talking about someone. My wife decided to be funny and called him a "wanker" which she had heard on British TV a few times and thought it sounded funny. The people at the table laughed and one of them said "Judi, that is the first time I've ever heard you swear". My wife got a shocked look on her face and I leaned over and whispered to her telling her what the word meant. She turned bright red which of course just set the entire table off into a laughing fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My personal favorite is the late (and missed) Jon Candy's tirade tearing into his niece, Mazey's, elementary school principal. It's the section where he just rips on the mole on her face and ends by saying, "Here's a quarter, why don't you go down to the docks and have a rat gnaw that off your face." Or something to that effect.

Totally awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fiscus
United States
Maricopa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, that was fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll have to check that out at home.

One of my favorites is from "A Fish Called Wanda."

It goes something like: "You Pompous, Stuck Up, Snot-Nosed, English, Giant Tweerp, Scum-bag, ..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thereofone wrote:
You've seen the best, now see the worst.

"ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!!!"

Sorry, this list is lacking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to see "There Will Be Blood" made the list. I still like this line:

"I DRINK your milkshake!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
午餐先生
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Longbow wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

Although this became a popular catch phrase in our home for awhile (and still gets pulled out from time to time), I have never gotten it.

Can someone spell this one out for me? I'd be eternally grateful.

I watched it with commentary (Yes, I really did) and Jared Hess said that he and the guy that plays Kip were at a show in a club and the openers were these young guys. Some guy was there heckling them. When the lead singer said, "We're working our way through college," or something like that, the dude yelled back, "Your mom goes to college!"
They thought it was the funniest thing and stuck it in the film.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
午餐先生
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My personal favorite, since it is usable in all kinds of situations:
You're a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
November 11, 1918 - end of WW-I
badge
Lest we forget
mb
I cannot help but admire R. Lee Ermey (the Full Metal Jacket sergeant,)
The man combines well thought out and diverse insults with a speed that'll silence any reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the subtle.

I believe it was in True Confessions that Robert De Niro gives the common blessing "May all your sons become Jesuits," to a passing nun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Coyotek4 wrote:
thereofone wrote:
You've seen the best, now see the worst.

"ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!!!"

Sorry, this list is lacking.

Well, to be fair, I don't think that phrase was "voice acted" in the original game. I think the voices in the various videos were added after the fact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gregoriou
United States
West Bend
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How could they miss from War of the Roses...

"By giving him my letter YOU have sunk lower than the deepest layer of prehistoric frog shit at the bottom of the New Jersey scum swamp."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe A. Redjac
China
Beijing
Beijing
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Gong Li: "I remember an anecdote from when I was young ..."

Zhang Ziyi: "Oh really? That must have been a long, long, long, long, long, LONG time ago."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Edwards
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
YA R'LYAH
badge
Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn! With cheeze!
mbmbmbmbmb
From the Jose Ferrer Cyrano:

Le Bret:
Alone, yes! --But why stand against the world? What Devil has possessed you now, to go everywhere making yourself enemies?

Cyrano:
Watching you other people make friends everywhere-- as a dog makes friends! I mark the manner of these canine courtesies and think: "My friends are of a cleaner breed; Here comes, thank God, another enemy!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.