GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,066 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

BANG! Dodge City» Forums » Rules

Subject: Green Border Rules Errata? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
GeekInsight
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've been playing Bang! for a number of years. We always play that the green cards become "active" on the next players' turn. So if the next player shoots me, I can use a green card I played on my turn to "miss."

In fact, in my copy of the rules, it provides that as a specific example. (Example 1, I believe).

However, a friend of mine bought the Bullet with all of the Bang! supplements. The rules in that one are the same, but Example 1 specifically says that a green card with the "miss" symbol can't be played until after your next turn.

So it seems that the rules are entirely contradictory on this point. Is this an established rule change? Is one of them a misprint? Does anyone know if there is a definitive call on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say that was an editorial error, because:

A) I have Dodge City in both the 1st edition and the 4th edition, which came out after Bang the Bullet. Both have example 1 the same, saying "Starting with the next player's turn", not "Starting with your next turn" as in the Bullet version.

B) The way it's stated in the Bullet version doesn't make sense with the rest of the green-border rules, which state that you cannot use the cards on the same turn that you play them, but you can use the ones with miss symbols during others' turns. There is no reason to play a Missed card during your turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this how everyone plays?

I only have the Bullet (and we only just incorporated Dodge City) but, following the instructions, we played that all green cards were inactive when played (we actually turned them sideways, e.g. "tapped" in Magic) until the start of your next turn when you are able to untap them and use them subsequently. Which is following the Bullet rules.

Were these a misprint?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres Voicu
Italy
Roma
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
The green cards are inactive until the next player's turn, not your own next turn (there are some examples in the rules, though).
E.g. you "untap" your green card(s) immediately after the end of your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.