Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Re-packing Doom? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
(Mr.) Kim Beattie
United States
Rocklin
CA
flag msg tools
Embrace your inner geek!
badge
In Flanders fields the poppies blow Between the crosses, row on row, That mark our place; and in the sky The larks, still bravely singing, fly Scarce heard amid the guns below.
mbmbmbmbmb
I must have been a good boy this year because Santa brought me Doom the Boardgame.

As others have mentioned, this is a heavy (as in weight) game. The bits are wonderful! But once I get everything punched out and unbagged, how do I fit it back into the box?

How do you re-pack this game? Is anyone keeping the Doom cardboard insert? Or are you chucking that to make room for all the tiles, counters and minis?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Palfreyman
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Just...
...turn the insert upside down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I've never seen a flying hogfish. I saw one gliding once, but never flying, not actually flying.
United Kingdom
Tyne & Wear
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Amen to that - also, I found that if you put all the tiles in together and try to place them in a layer, you can actually end up with a bit of space left at the top...

Check the large minis to make sure none of them are standing 'tall side up', the cyberdemon is a particular offender here, take apart if you haven't glued it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deleted User 1
msg tools
Re-packing Doom
Kim -

I didn't have to discard the insert, and I got all the components back in.

I put the minis in one big ziplock bag and the counters and doors in a bunch of small bags. These went at the bottom of the box with the insert on top of them. The cards went in the insert. I then put all of the board pieces in a big ziplock back and put that on top of the insert. I put the rules on top of that and then put the box top on. Voila!

- Rick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.