GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,838 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Magestorm» Forums » General

Subject: Why have I not heard of this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Hayford
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
I happened to see this in Nexus's catalog while looking at the Napolean information. Why have I not heard of this? Any combat game with minis gets me drooly zombie

It looks pretty sweet. Is Fantasy Flight publishing it in the States or someone else?

...Please tell me someone is publishing it here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
It did seem very weird that I happened to just stumble on this, which looks like it will be pretty sweet!

Um, they said somewhere that they were in the process of looking for publishing partners . . . but I don't remember where or exactly when that was (of course there's only a couple threads on the game, so it probably wouldn't be hard to find!)

I wonder about FFG though; it seems like this might compete a little bit with battles of westeros? Who knows!

I think this looks great, so far, though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Gee
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
Um, they said somewhere that they were in the process of looking for publishing partners . . .

I wonder about FFG though; it seems like this might compete a little bit with battles of westeros? Who knows!

Yeah this looks really cool, I'm hoping they find a north american publisher, but I don't think FFG would be the right one either. I sure wouldn't mind if Z-man released it though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Surya Van Lierde is pure Eurosnoot and proud of it!
Belgium
Michelbeke
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
If it competes with their own product, I suppose they'd rather be putting it out themselves than have someone else put the fire on them. And they've been the go to partner of Nexus for years...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hayford
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
That may be the reason for the delay though...I could see FF looking at it and seeing a competitor for Battlelore/Battles of Westeros....

Of Course, FF prints plenty of dudes on a map games like Conan and they published that as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
At the moment, Nexus' plan is to release Magestorm directly to the US market as a publisher, and at GenCon we will have a booth to introduce it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Hart
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Future customer here.

PS You guys ever play the indie fantasy TBS game Dominions? Similar concept with the player acting as field general without micro-command of the troops and mages as mighty battlefield foes. Similar literature-wise to Steven Erikson's Mazalan series.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hayford
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah! Well, I'm looking forward to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Covert
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cybernex wrote:
At the moment, Nexus' plan is to release Magestorm directly to the US market as a publisher, and at GenCon we will have a booth to introduce it.

Which booth? This is definitely on my must-demo list, but Nexus isn't listed in the GenCon Exhibitor list.

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Nexus Games is at booth 309 (the new Gencon map updated to june 18th includes our listing, see:
http://community.gencon.com/files/folders/smexhibitors/defau...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Phillips
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
don corazon wrote:

PS You guys ever play the indie fantasy TBS game Dominions?

Why have I not heard of this before? Apparently it's been out since 2006, and the info I'm finding online makes it sound very interesting indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Hart
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Turn back now Fortuna! Dominions (the multiplayer PBEM format, not SP) has sucked more time from me than any other game by a multiple of 100. Oh the wasted hours....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Phillips
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
don corazon wrote:
Turn back now Fortuna! Dominions (the multiplayer PBEM format, not SP) has sucked more time from me than any other game by a multiple of 100. Oh the wasted hours....

I figure Dominions, Civ IV/V, and whatever adventure/rpg game I might be playing (Dragon Age at the moment) will cancel each other out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.