Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: A Christmas Ticket to Ride rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Allen Doum
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tood some games over to my brother's place on Christmas, without much hope that they would be played. My brother has never shown any interest in games, and it has been mnay years since my niece played D&D, which is all she had ever been interested in.

I took Blue Moon to play with her, as I new she would like the artwork.

Instead, she was not feeling well, but my brother showed interest in Ticket to Ride, and we played three games, then were joined by my niece for a fourth.

By that time her appetite had returned, and we all got up from the floor to get dinner. (My brother has no table capable of holding any decently sized game.) but all through dinner, and later, my bother keep remarking bout what a great game it was.

Thanks, Alan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey D Myers
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
"Always rely upon a happy mind alone." Geshe Chekhawa.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditto

We got to play one game, which was TtR. My wife's uncle was a non-gamer newbie, but quite enjoyed it.

We also gave TtR as a gift, and got word in the evening that it was played Xmas day.

Spread the faith and joy of gaming, y'all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael @mgouker
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ticket to Ride was a great hit here as well with my son. Our family played TTR, Lost Cities, and Survive! (which I bought as a present to my son from Pseudodragon - thanks again!) I also gave my older son War of the Ring, but the game is still over by the tree unopened. He is a little obsessed with trying to become the next Trey Anastasio.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Olson
United States
Auburn
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Asked my sister to rbing the copy of TtR that I gave her, but we didn't get a chance to break it out .

She hasn't had time to play, and I haven't gotten to play it yet either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
Trey Anawhatever?
Huh? Who?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.