GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,016 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Mad Zeppelin» Forums » News

Subject: Mad Zeppelin in stores rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As noted here:
[article=5194153][/article]
Mad Zepplin is in stores. If you missed that like I did, I'm posting it separately.
My store said they have it in as well.

I'd love to hear some first impressions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Reubens
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

I picked it up at Origins primarily because of the art. My main group tends to lean more towards games like Brass or Le Havre but i have another group I play with that needed some lighter fair and I new they would appreciate the Steampunk artwork.

For me this felt like a lighter version of Citadels. There was only really one rule that I felt made no sense and basically varianted immediately (the bonus gold people can start with if they draw a journey card... I just give initial cards before putting the journey cards in) and I felt the game was pretty fun.

It seems like it will work better with a larger group however, as when we played it with three it was a bit too hard to get some powers to matter and a bit to easy to get some other powers to work the way you wanted. At least that's how it seemed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thaos52002 wrote:

I picked it up at Origins primarily because of the art. My main group tends to lean more towards games like Brass or Le Havre but i have another group I play with that needed some lighter fair and I new they would appreciate the Steampunk artwork.

For me this felt like a lighter version of Citadels. There was only really one rule that I felt made no sense and basically varianted immediately (the bonus gold people can start with if they draw a journey card... I just give initial cards before putting the journey cards in) and I felt the game was pretty fun.

It seems like it will work better with a larger group however, as when we played it with three it was a bit too hard to get some powers to matter and a bit to easy to get some other powers to work the way you wanted. At least that's how it seemed.

You are right, I don't see any logic in the random bonus starting gold.
It does sound like it would be more fun with 4-6. Thanks for the feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Fleck
United States
Forks
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my copy - but, can't open it as it's a birthday gift from the kids...so whistle still waiting...waiting...still waiting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Fleck
United States
Forks
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine and was able to open it as a birthday present. Great instruction book. Nice graphics. The traitor cards would have been nice to have on a thicker cardstock. But, nice, and I can't wait to figure out the game dynamics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.