GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,656 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Heroscape Expansion Set D2: Warriors of Eberron» Forums » News

Subject: Warriors of Eberron preview Week 3! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Dupuis
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out Heroscapers.com for the next exclusive preview of Heroscape expansion set D2: Warriors of Eberron.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1226
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like 'Scapers is down... cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the first D&D-themed preview to make me think a bit, before I post any comments.

The Ogre is pretty cool on its own. But it would really shine if it had some bonding or other synergy with another figure/squad. Right now it is another double-spaced, non-flying, Hero.
We rarely Use these types of big guys in our games.
So, for this one I'll be cautiously optimistic, hoping for something cool to arrive in either the final expansion of this wave, or the D3 coming in November, to increase it's uses.
But either way, I'll definitely be trying him out in a few battles. He has the potential to really hurt squads, especially close combat oriented ones.
Right now, though, he is last on my list of the miniatures to try in this wave.

The Goblins are difficult to evaluate, without having played them.
My biggest fear, when I first saw the card, was for them to be another screening squad like the Deathreavers.
But thinking about it, they don't look as long lasting. My guess is they will really shine when played against army builds with lots of ranged units. But even all-round armies might find it difficult to get proper use out of their ranged units, as long as the Goblins are present.
I'm really starting to like these guys! Along with the Warforged and Wyrmlings, I look forward to seeing how these units are going to affect the game.

So for this preview it's one OK Hero (with potential), and one squad I can't wait to play.
I guess that rates this preview as great!
D2 is so far just as good as D1. If the Heroes continue the trend, I believe this wave will be the best one since the very first wave, years back.
Can't wait for Wednesday. Or for August, for that matter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I've had a chance to see the preview, I'm still pretty impressed with the choice of models and the work put in by the design team. I haven't seen anything to put me off buying this (or any other) wave.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.