GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,265 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

BANG!» Forums » General

Subject: Similar game for 6+ players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: 6P [+] [View All]
F MM
United States
Hudson
OH
flag msg tools
We love Bang! but we're looking for more options that are good and can support 6 or more players, do you have some recommendations?

Our group is usually 5 to 8 guys.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not really the same, but Citadels is something your should look into.

Plus, Bang can play up to 8 with the Dodge City expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe Fluxx, Munchkin or Ca$h 'n Gun$. Munchkin will take a long time with 6+ though. Fluxx is very quick and easy, and appropriately silly (especially if you get the Monthy Python themed one). Bohnanza is also a great game (supports more players with some of the expansions)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Mierz
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't gotten to play it, but Shadow Hunters has been recommended as a Bang alternative and it holds more than 6 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F MM
United States
Hudson
OH
flag msg tools
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Not really the same, but Citadels is something your should look into.

Plus, Bang can play up to 8 with the Dodge City expansion.

It doesn't necessarily have to be like Bang, any decent game would do.

And yeah we have the expansions and always play with 8 players.

I like to the recommendations so far, please keep them coming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Epp
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MAG BLAST is a pretty good time, a little bit of a luck fest, but you do get to make sound effects. The only downside, like Bang, is player elimination.

For 8 players, I like to recomment Dutch Blitz as a fast and furious card game alternative. 8 players plays 4 teams of 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TimMierz wrote:
I haven't gotten to play it, but Shadow Hunters has been recommended as a Bang alternative and it holds more than 6 players.

QFT

Diamant is a solid push-your-luck game for 8. You could also consider Liar's Dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Weinfurther
United States
West Bloomfield
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both The Great Dalmuti and Bohnanza are perfect for a group of that size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't think Bohnanze made it to 8, even with expansions. I thought 7 was the cut off. But definitely worth it to pick up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Weinfurther
United States
West Bloomfield
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Red Dragon Inn, with the expansion, is a lot of fun. We played last night with 7 and had a lot of laughs. It plays up to 8 with the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Berg
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Saboteur
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Get up, get up, get up, get down, fall over.
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TimMierz wrote:
Shadow Hunters is everything Bang! should have been. Plays 4-8 but 6-8 is best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Weage
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
You might want to try Korsar (sold as Loot in the US). It has an individual player mode that supports up to 5 players - but the team play mode that supports 6 or 8 is much more interesting.

Partners sit next to each other, so there are four teams in pairs arranged around the table. Each partner can look at both hands, so it doesn't have that particular depth of partnership games where much of the game is trying to figure out what your partner holds. But there is still more than enough going on and important decisions on when to add a treasure ship and whether to make it a high or low one.

You would need to save it for days when you have all 8, because it won't play with 7. The US version, Loot, has green and blue cards that I find difficult to tell apart in lower-light conditions, but many others seem to have no trouble. I don't know if it is current, but it was being carried in a cheap version in Targets and WalMarts. B&N book stores were carrying the nicer boxed edition.

I'll give a second to the recommendations for Citadels, Saboteur, Incan Gold, and Bohnanza. All good games and each quite different from the others. "Die Kutschfahrt zur Teufelsburg" (Coach ride to Devil's Castle) is an odd little game, if you can find a copy. (Box is in German, but cards and rules in both English and German.) It should be inexpensive, like all the Adlung small box card games - some of the most portable games around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
The Castle of the Devil! Secret factions and occupations--more deduction, less luck--this game rocks!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.