Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Die Macher in English? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Play Games - Interact - Have Fun!
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the chance to play this last week and all I can say is WOW! This was a great game. Reallllly great. The learning curve is very steep - not because of any complexity, simply because there is SO much going on. I played it with my hardcore group of gamers (Central Valley Wargamers) and we had no real problems, but I'd love to introduce this to my family and friends. Being complex AND in german effectively will kill any chance of this one being a success with the wife and friends.

So my question is - Anyone know of a planned English edition? Even a rumor of one would be encouraging! This would be a great game for Rio Grande to make.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
badge
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.
mbmbmbmbmb
RG released an English edition of the rule book years ago, mainly as a favour to the hardcore German game fans.

But no, there is zero chance of this game being released in the States, in English. It is almost 8 years old now (that being the second edition...the original is getting on toward 20!) and the game is way too niche to justify a reprint.

Honestly, I can empathise with your desire to get family and non-gamer friends to play it, because it's one of my favourite games, but it just would never happen, even with English on the components, trust me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pfft!
Screw trying to find Die Macher in english! How about finding Die Macher at all!! Anyone have a spare copy they are willing to send to zip 13346 for $60??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Parker
Canada
Cobble Hill
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Worse-case scenerio, I know that JogoCanada.com has one for $75 CDN

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zwiers
Netherlands
Overijssel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
$60 total seems possible
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekstore.php3?action=listforsa...

2 copies of Die Macher are for sale on BGGM, for about $60 inclucing shipping. It might be possible to get it even cheaper, since I've seen them sold for about 20 EUR here in Europe (about $25). With shipping included you'd be able to get one for about $40-$50!
Die Macher is not that hard to find, though it might be a little harder for you guys on the opposite side of the Atlantic!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Mestdagh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Colin!
How is your trip to Germany going? Have you bought Taj Mahal yet?

I may know of someone looking for an electrician when you get back. Give me a call.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.