GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,481 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » England

Subject: Visiting Gamer Needs Fix (London) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Street
United States
Mount Pleasant
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Currently very likely to either be roleplaying or planning to roleplay
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm flying over this weekend for a few weeks and was wondering what game meetups are running in London that would welcome a visitor. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Havighorst
Germany
Haltern am See
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Josh,

there is the London on Board meetup group, which meets on Tuesdays/Wednesdays (alternating) and every 1. & 3. Sunday.

http://www.meetup.com/LondonOnBoard/

Every Wednesdays sees the Swiggers meeting close to London on Bridge

http://www.pevans.co.uk/Swiggers/index.html

There are more around but these two are the only ones I have attended. I am sure others will point you towards more groups.

HX

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
Ravenhoe wrote:
there is the London on Board meetup group, which meets on Tuesdays/Wednesdays (alternating) and every 1. & 3. Sunday.

Although this week's meetup is on Thursday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Street
United States
Mount Pleasant
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Currently very likely to either be roleplaying or planning to roleplay
mbmbmbmbmb
Really enjoyed the on Board meetup - seems like a good group and the space is really nice. This was my second time to Swiggers - I enjoy the gaming there overall, but I ran into one guy tonight who took an argument on the merits of Small World vs. Vinci to a pretty personal level (in his defense, I should have realized he was taking the argument way more personally than I was and should have backed out earlier) - the groups I run with generally exclude people like that - inevitably they'll end up in a fight and it's just not worth it (as it was, I ended up walking out after the personal insults started flying). Won't be back to that one I'm afraid. Overall, it was a good trip with some solid gaming (finally got in a game of Le Havre!) - thanks for the suggestions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.