GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,493 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Endeavor» Forums » Rules

Subject: What about multiple governor cards ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kris vansant
Belgium
Geel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

If I gain a governor card, I can place it on the special governor space,
or I can store it on a free card space.
This card does not count as a handcard for the handlimit.
If I gain a second governor card, I can place 1 on the special place,
and 1 on a free card space.
But what if all card spaces and the governor space is occupied,
and I gain a second governor card ?
The rules say I can place it besides my board.
Do I get the benefits of that card ?
Do I get the point on that card at the end of the game ?
Or do I have to loose the benifits of 1 of the 2 governor cards ?

Greetz.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
Here's how it works. You have a limit to the amount of cards can store on your board, indicated by your progress on the final row. As long as there is room you can always increase the limit by one, but at least one of your cards has to be a slavery card then. Finally, there is always one slot reserved for gouvernors, exempt from the hand limit. By placing a gouvernor card there you can have one gouvernor 'for free' on your board; but if you have more than one gouvernor the excess will always take up space in the regular card area and thus count toward the hand limit.

There are occasions where you want to keep your free gouvernor slot open, for example because you gain more from the 3 points thus displayed. You are, in other words, not obliged to use the gouvernor slot.

If you at some point have more cards than you can or are allowed to store, you keep on playing as usual, and profit from these cards as usual. Only when you pass will you have to comply with the imposed card limit, and the only way you can is by discarding the excess. You are free to decide which cards to discard. Any slavery card you select is turned over and placed beside your board to count as a malus of 1 point at the end of the game; any gouvernor you select is removed from the game; and the others are sorted according to their origin and number and placed back on the appropriate stacks.

Hope it's clearer now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kris vansant
Belgium
Geel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More or less.

If I'm allowed to have 2 handcards at the end of my action phase,
and I own 2 normal cards + 2 gouvernor cards,
can I place these 4 cards on the normal card spots ?

The rules say that a gouvernor card does not count as a hand limit card.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Ölmestig
Sweden
Halmstad
Halland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Only one governor card in excess to the hand limit. There is no point in discarding the governor card until you pass the last turn. You can't voluntarily discard more cards than your handlimit, but you are free to place a governor card in the normal card slots, leaving the free governor card slot free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
facehugger wrote:
The rules say that a gouvernor card does not count as a hand limit card.

Only a gouvernor card placed in the gouvernor slot does not count towards the hand limit. The others do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kris vansant
Belgium
Geel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So to conclude :

* Gouvernor cards can be placed on normal card slots, but they do count
for my hand limit !
* If all 5 card slots and the gouvernor slot are occupied, and I win an
extra gouvernor card, I receive the benefits, but this card is discarded at the end of my action phase. Thus I loose those benifits again.

Correct ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Ölmestig
Sweden
Halmstad
Halland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Not entirely. You choose which cards to discard when you pass (not necessarily at the end of the turn). The reason behind this is that you can dig deep in a stack and then discard the lower cards.

When you discard:
* Normal cards are put back in the stacks
* Slavery cards are turned upside down and give a negative one point
* Governor cards are removed from the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Olsen
United States
Port Monmouth
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
facehugger wrote:

* Gouvernor cards can be placed on normal card slots, but they do count
for my hand limit !

only ONE governor card, placed in the free governor card slot does not count for your hand limit

let's say you have a hand limit of 2 but actually have four cards. lets say you have 2 governor cards,and two regular cards, i.e., not slavery cards. One governor card can be placed on the free governor slot, thus, you only have 3 cards, i.e., 2 regular cards and one governor. In this case you would have to get rid of a card at the end of your turn. Now if ONE of those regular cards were a slavery card, it would be OK, you would have ONE free governor and ONE slave and two regular cards, thus, only 2 cards. If you had 2 slavery cards, only ONE would not count against your hand limit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.