GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,872 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
23 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Canada » Ontario

Subject: Orleans Game Group - 8 July 2010 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin
Canada
Saskatoon
SK
flag msg tools
mbmb
The next session of the Orleans Game Group will be held on Thursday 8 July 2010.

We will start around 6:30 and go until about 10:00pm.

The address is: Canadian Legion Branch 632 - Orleans, 800 Taylor Creek Road, upstairs via the door on the right There is a bar and snacks available Please bring $2.00 as a donation for the Legion

Please thumb up this post to move it to the boardgamegeek front page to attract more gamers and tell your friends to come out and support this newly minted group!

Note that hats are not allowed in the Legion and that you must dress respectfully.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
Canada
Saskatoon
SK
flag msg tools
mbmb
It looks like we have a steady group of regulars so I thought we could think about ways to advertise. I talked with a couple friends who seemed interested and we may have one more coming this week.

So, any ideas for increasing our numbers?

We could put up posters at Fandom, Comic Book Shoppe, and Toys on Fire. This might be the easiest way to begin. Any other thoughts would be great!

On to the games:

I recently picked up Alhambra from the hitboardgames sale. I can bring out that oldie but goodie this week. I'll also bring out Modern Art and Pandemic.

I would still like to give Acquire a try; I never had a chance to join the game the last time it was here.

Goa would be nice if someone has that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Jones
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Cameron and I should be there this week. We can bring our old 60s version of acquire

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Beetham
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
Why why why didn't I set up a RRGSP! (Registered Retired Gamer Saving Plan)
badge
So many games.... so little time...
mbmbmbmbmb
Failing unforeseen circumstances I should be there this week. Alas nothing new for the bag yet, so I will be bringing the usual.

I'm quite intrigued by Cas$h n Gun$ if anyone has it. Otherwise it will "probably" be my next purchase within the next couple of months.

Kevin, for advertising we might also think of libraries and other public activity centers.

See you all in a couple days

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Jones
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
soofaloofa wrote:

We could put up posters at Fandom, Comic Book Shoppe, and Toys on Fire. This might be the easiest way to begin. Any other thoughts would be great!

Something like this?

Let me know what you think - What should change etc.
Should I add something on AGE? CONTACT?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
Canada
Saskatoon
SK
flag msg tools
mbmb
That looks great Jamie! Awesome job.

Maybe you could mention the boardgamegeek forums as a contact spot for more information?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/forum/114/boardgamegeek/ontario seems to hard to remember but just some text saying see the boardgamegeek Ontario forum for more information would be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Jones
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
soofaloofa wrote:
That looks great Jamie! Awesome job.

Maybe you could mention the boardgamegeek forums as a contact spot for more information?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/forum/114/boardgamegeek/ontario seems to hard to remember but just some text saying see the boardgamegeek Ontario forum for more information would be great.

Better?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Stabs
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamie, did you just whip up a poster in an hour or two in response to the idea, or had you been waiting for the opportunity to unveil it? That's pretty awesome, by the way.

I'll be there this week, and Colleen & Sam may also show up (I don't know yet for either though).

I'm thinking word-of-mouth can do wonders as well. I can check with some people I know to see if anyone else is interested in coming out.

In terms of games, I am going to refrain from suggesting or requesting anything this week and just go with what people want (I may renege on that statement when I get there on Thursday, but we'll see).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
Canada
Saskatoon
SK
flag msg tools
mbmb
Looks great Jamie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Jones
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Ziilch wrote:
Jamie, did you just whip up a poster in an hour or two in response to the idea, or had you been waiting for the opportunity to unveil it? That's pretty awesome, by the way.

I just whipped it up - as I wanted to avoid doing my real work.
J

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Beetham
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
madhattersneverland wrote:
I just whipped it up - as I wanted to avoid doing my real work.
J

Awesome job Jaimie - Must be the weather or something as I'm in the same mood and can't get started on pretty well anything yuk

Unfortunately I think since we are just going to "throw this out there" ... so to speak, we will need a caveat along the lines of "teens and preteens must be accompanied by an adult" or something like that.

My concern is that there are, unfortunately, a few parents, who may just decided to drop their kids off and tell them to "go play".

Kevin and I pushed hard to allow the younger crowd in the Legion and committed/promised to have them always accompanied and "under control" of an adult.

They apparently had an incident just a little while back with "kids" running around making a fuss, upsetting Legion members and worse they actually did some serious/expensive damage.

We need to ensure that our younger members don't get banned because someone thought that this was a cheap opportunity to get the kids out of the house.

ninja... I'm not the only one who needs a rematch with Cameron....ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Jones
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
rjbeeth wrote:

Unfortunately I think since we are just going to "throw this out there" ... so to speak, we will need a caveat along the lines of "teens and preteens must be accompanied by an adult" or something like that.

easy enough
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
Canada
Saskatoon
SK
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ziilch wrote:
I'm thinking word-of-mouth can do wonders as well. I can check with some people I know to see if anyone else is interested in coming out.

Word of mouth is always great; keep spreading the word!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Jones
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
soofaloofa wrote:
Ziilch wrote:

Word of mouth is always great; keep spreading the word!

I'll continue spreading the word while I'm at toys'on'fire tonight

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
Canada
Saskatoon
SK
flag msg tools
mbmb
I suppose something to keep in mind is that summer will likely be a bit slower ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
Canada
Saskatoon
SK
flag msg tools
mbmb
Bump ...

See everyone tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I'll show up tonight.

I'll bring Macao, Endeavor, and Havana, those are my top "gotta play these with more than 2" choices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Jones
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Cam and I should be there too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
Canada
Saskatoon
SK
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for coming everyone.

Personally I got in a round of Endeavor followed by Acquire.

I've been wanting to try Endeavor it and it didn't disappoint; I'll have to play it again with 4 next time. Beautiful looking game too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Beetham
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep a great evening once again! We are small but mighty!

Once again a few games went on my "want" list. My favorite of the night was definitely Acquire. Followed by Scrips and Scribes and even though it was completely chaotic Guillotine... To be truthful I haven't played a "bad game" yet with this group!

Thanks again guys! A great evening for sure!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Jones
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I'll have to get on in the endeavor game next time.
While you guys were playing it, the rest of us got in games of...

Guilloutine
Taluva
Orge Castle
and Jishaku

with Acquire to round out the evening

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
soofaloofa wrote:
Personally I got in a round of Endeavor followed by Acquire.

Could've sworn that was you repeatedly giving me crappy cards during Scripts and Scribes. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
Canada
Saskatoon
SK
flag msg tools
mbmb
Quote:
Could've sworn that was you repeatedly giving me crappy cards during Scripts and Scribes. cool

Ohh yeah. Missed that one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.