Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: A word of thanks, and a question... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kunnagh Scott
England
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In five short months since registering on BGG, my gently re-emerging interest in boardgames has accelerated and grown out of all belief. We now game regularly as a family and with three other couples (separately), with another on the way... Now that Santa has been gracious to me (Puerto Rico, Runebound, Mancala), to my wife (Caracassonne H&G) and to our gaming friends (Carcassonne AotC), the New Year can only improve.

So, this is firstly a short word of 'Thanks' to y'all, for your wise words, humerous hints and lovely links that make up a great community of like minds. kiss

Second, a question - there doesn't seem to be any mention of Hex Chess on this site, yet I'm sure I played it when I was a lad... Did I miss it on here, or did I dream it then? There were three colours of hex, as I recall, so three bishops each were required. Anybody?

Best wishes for 2k5!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Cheyne
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Chess Variants is the place to go for that sort of thing.

http://www.chessvariants.com/hexagonal.dir/hexagonal.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My God... I followed that link to look at Hex Chess, and my head hurt just thinking about it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Ridgeway
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carcassonne: Attack of the Clones

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kunnagh Scott
England
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Thanks Iain - who knew there were so many variants!

As for AotC ( ), why isn't there a hex Carcassonne? Or did I miss that as well? gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.