GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,439 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Arkham Horror: Dunwich Horror Expansion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rumble Tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ketchupgun
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
When you draw a rumble token and place it on a location, I see that any investigators and monsters get put in the street; if there is a gate at that location, does it just stay there and thus cannot be entered/closed anymore, because you cannot got into the destroyed location?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rubble tokens only depict stable locations, where gates don't typically open. If, by way of some encounter or mythos card, a gate opened in a stable location that was later demolished, I would take the view that a gate replaces a location. So investigators could enter a gate covering a demolished location, but once the gate closes, anything in that space would be ejected into the street.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If memory serves, all the locations for the rumble tokens are stable, so no gates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While what people said here are true (rubble locations are stable only), you can extrapolate the question as though the locations are "closed":

If a gate is open on a closed location, the gate replaces the location so you can still enter the gate. Once the gate is closed, the location returns in its "closed" form and any investigators and monsters on the location are moved into the street.

The reason I bring this up is that there is a Black Goat expansion item that can open a gate anywhere. In the rare situation where an earthquake destroyed a Naacal gate at the Bank, I guess it would be nice to know what would happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.