GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,221 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
23 Posts

Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: What we know so far rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hugo
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since there’s been several questions regarding the features of this game I made this thread to compile all the information we know so far regarding Castle Ravenloft D&D Board Game.
Please feel free to point any incorrect/incomplete information. I will try to update this list every time new data surfaces.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Set in D&D Ravenloft gothic universe;

- Based in the D20 system with simplified D&D 4 edition rules;

- For 5 players co-op struggling against the game mechanics (no Dungeon Master required) in scenario driven quests (each one takes about an hour to complete). Solitaire games possible;

- 40 miniatures (not pre painted);

- No campaign feature but a rudimentary leveling system is expect to be present (at least the latest images seem to suggest that);

- compatible with the upcoming Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of Ashardalon Board Game;

- Playable in 60-90 minutes;

- Price around $60;

- Online support is expected (additional scenarios);

- Expected release date: GenCon2010 (general public August/September);

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last updated: 7 July 2010.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gregoriou
United States
West Bend
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice summation.

What exactly do you mean by online support? Optional rules and such?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bartel
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elbow smash wrote:
What exactly do you mean by online support? Optional rules and such?

Optional rules, yes. But more to the point, additional scenarios, new characters... stuff like that. All available through DDI.

I'm quite excited about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugo
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I mean additional scenarios.

(point clarified).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bartel
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LordHellfury wrote:
You mean DDI, the subscription based service you have to pay for?

Actually, there are some things available through DDI that are free and require no subscription. D&D Character Sheets, the basic Character Builder, D&D Rules Updates...

Castle Ravenloft may fall into that category.

Then again, it is D&D. They may look at this game as a way to draw boardgamers into the D&D RPG.

And on the issue of subscriptions, I don't think you realize just how much you get with a DDI subscription. Other companies, like FFG, are very cool about posting extra content on their website. But the quantity of content they publish there pales in comparison to WotC and DDI. Full blown adventures, 2x magazines, digital tools, full access to all print released content. If you're a D&D player, you really do get what you pay for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
Greece
Marousi
Athens
flag msg tools
Game on!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And don't forget that anyone can subscribe for just one month (around €9 )and download two years worth of material.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Ruhland
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's worth mentioning that it is compatible with the upcoming Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of Ashardalon Board Game (Formerly "Dungeons of Dragonfire Mountain")
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainCosmic wrote:
Really, you're not being nearly negative enough here. You need to try harder.
It's based on D&D 4th - how much more negative can you get?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugo
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eirikr wrote:
It's worth mentioning that it is compatible with the upcoming Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of Ashardalon Board Game (Formerly "Dungeons of Dragonfire Mountain")

Done.Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Holz
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmb
gato_das_botas wrote:
- Set in D&D Ravenloft gothic universe

It's based on the Castle Ravenloft module (I6), not the Ravenloft campaign setting it inspired.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casper Points
Abkhazia
Alaska
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Err... we also know that if I dont get this game soon i'm going to revert to some sort of lord of the rings Golem like creature, who gibbers in the corner of my local game store asking for "the precious"...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo LeBlanc
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn, in Europe the street date is "end of august" and I'm not even sure they can hold that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Huntington Station
New York
flag msg tools
badge
homiefud wrote:
All available through DDI.

DDI = D&D Insider

A subscription-based electronic supplement to Dungeons & Dragons which delivers periodic content and information about Dungeons & Dragons. (definition: Allen Rausch)

yamwutma
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Mrosek
Germany
Hessdorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What we know?
not even half enough yuk

I mean release is next month?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Wells
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Wizards site has a teaser up with few choice tidbits. Most tantalizing is the invitation to visit Wizards to get additional scenarios....

http://wizards.com/dnd/article.aspx?x=dnd/dramp/2010July

Quote:
The Castle Ravenloft Boardgame arrives in August. If you're at Gen Con, we'll be playing the game throughout the weekend. This jam-packed boxed game features a ton of dungeon tiles and plastic playing pieces, loads of cards, and a series of scenarios that can be played by up to five players or with as few as one player. Each scenario takes about an hour to play, making this a fast, fun, and exciting new Dungeons & Dragons experience. Scenarios you can play right out of the box include “Escape the Tomb,” “Find the Icon of Ravenloft,” "Destroy the Dracolich,” and “The Hunt for Strahd.” Once the boardgame debuts, come back to the website to get additional scenarios to add to your game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugo
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AEIOU wrote:
The Wizards site has a teaser up with few choice tidbits. Most tantalizing is the invitation to visit Wizards to get additional scenarios....

Quote:
The Castle Ravenloft Boardgame arrives in August. If you're at Gen Con, we'll be playing the game throughout the weekend. This jam-packed boxed game features a ton of dungeon tiles and plastic playing pieces, loads of cards, and a series of scenarios that can be played by up to five players or with as few as one player. Each scenario takes about an hour to play, making this a fast, fun, and exciting new Dungeons & Dragons experience. Scenarios you can play right out of the box include “Escape the Tomb,” “Find the Icon of Ravenloft,” "Destroy the Dracolich,” and “The Hunt for Strahd.” Once the boardgame debuts, come back to the website to get additional scenarios to add to your game.

Thanks. Average scenario duration added.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AEIOU wrote:

Hmm, also says July is DM Appreciation Month...maybe I can get my PCs to preorder this for me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.