Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Einfach Genial rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Paprocki
United States
Green Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played Einfach Genial for the 1st time at lunch today. One player had 18 in all 6 categories, 2 of us had 17 as our low score and the loser had 14 or 15. Question to the masses: under what circumstance is it better to play a blocking tile rather than just maximizing your own points? Clearly we played a totally non-defensive game, but we could not speculate on how we'd play it differently next time. Please, give me a lesson in EG game theory!! surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin" Developin!!
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
mbmb
Blocking in Einfach Genial
I would rarely play a tile excludively for blocking, but sometimes you can score and block with the same play. The most common way to do this is when you have a significant row of a symbol already on the board, and you play a piece with one of that symbol, and one of a different symbol. You cna play so that you both score that row and cap it off so that no one else can use it. I like to do the particularly if I am leading (after that play) in that symbol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
and everything under the sun is in tune
mbmbmbmbmb
When you've taken a strong lead in a color and then see an chance to remove other players' scoring opportunities in that same color, it's a pretty good idea to play a defensive move. It's a better tactic than just hoping you can continue to outrun them.

It's a great game, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Ridgeway
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got this game for Christmas and so far have only played 2 two player games, so I'm no expert.

I guess I'd just say, remember that the goal is not to just score a bunch of points, but instead to have the best low score. I would sacrifice points for myself in a color I have lots of points in in order to block a color that someone else is hurting in.

The extra move when you hit 18 is nice, but to me, making it difficult for the other player(s) to get points in their lowest color is more important. The last game I played, my lowest color was a 6, but I still won. We were tied at 6 and the next lowest, but after that I had it won. Most games are just a matter of scoring points, so I sometimes forget to pay attention to things like that, but with a Knizia game, you always have to keep the final scoring method in mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Ridgeway
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, and by the way.....GO PACK!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Donnelly
Canada
Comox Valley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
This sort of discussion would be a valuable addition to the game page, where it would be more permanent and discoverable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.