GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,872 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Board Games & Technology rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Corey Fitzgerald
msg tools
Good morning,

My name is Corey Fitzgerald and I am a researcher at the University of Connecticut. My team is currently researching a technology that would add audio to traditional board games and we are now at a stage in our project where we need to understand what value this may bring to current board game players. Therefore, it would be greatly appreciated if some of the members of this forum could take a few minutes to complete a short survey on board game player preferences.

Once our research is complete we would be willing to share the aggregated results with anyone who participates. In addition, interested survey participants can opt into a random drawing for a $25 iTunes gift card. Attached is a link to the survey for you to take and review. (http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22ATY5AVFBP).

Thank you for your time,
Corey Fitzgerald

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Robertson
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
Life is Short; Play Games!
badge
The BixCON Series of gaming events: A combination of Great Friends, Great Food, & Great Drink!
mb
I took the survey and found the questions were a bit limiting and not reflective of my tastes in gaming. Also, your geographic question did not have any responses for non-USA respondents.

Good luck with your research.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
You're not going to reach the group of people you think you're targeting by asking your questions here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, probably not many trivia game players in these forums. I prefer my games with a bit more strategic depth, and a bit more elaborate mechanics, than the questionnaire allowed me to specify.

Not that there's anything wrong with trivia games mind you. Or Monopoly, for that mattter. As long as I don't have to play them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A Hike!
mbmbmbmbmb
NateStraight wrote:
You're not going to reach the group of people you think you're targeting by asking your questions here.

Agreed. These are not the gamers you are looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i said as much about trivia games in the comment section. now a modern version of Dark Tower with wireless updates would certainly be much more fun

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Henry
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind—Einstein
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe you're already aware of it, but an existing game that relies heavily on audio content is Space Alert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
V. M. G.
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I answered the survey before reading here, but I pointed the very same facts on my comment section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.