GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,810 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Cyclades» Forums » General

Subject: Rules for Team Play sorely needed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played Cyclades and although it it is an improvement on old school multi-player conquest games, those were also problematic for many of us.

The problem was you success depedned so much on whether some other player attacked you early or not.

Which is one reson we played Axis and Allies so much: you knew who your friends were and enemies were from the get-go.

I beleive team rules would really be great for those of us who might prefer it.

Four player would obviously be easiest to work out. But 3 and 5 player could also be balanced I would think based on set-up (number of starting placements) and an extra final action choice for the team with fewer players going to the player on the team with fewest VPs.

Or something.

So this is my call for help: Let's develop some team play rules that would really work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan K
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
I do not think they are sorely needed but I would not object to trying out team play.

My ideas

Auctions: players on same team cannot explicitly discuss bidding strategies or share moneys or priests/temples.

2 and 4 player games
Roll to determine teams.

3 player games
Attack the player to your left only.

5 player games
Attack players to left and right of you only.

This will create some natural order of aggressive/defensive hierarchy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.